PS4 makes PS3 games become completely obsolete?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SeanSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SeanSpade
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts

There's nothing that can be done? Does PS Now allow people to not have to rent their own games that already [aid for? Like I bought GTA V in November, and now I have to buy GTA V in November again to play it if I don't have a PS3?

Just curious.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

PSNow is a rental service. That's it. It's like renting movies or games from other sites. So, that's all that is.

Secondly, PS3 isn't obsolete. If you have one and GTA5, you can keep playing it as long as you want.

If you want the game on PS4, you can buy it on PS4. Same on PC. Some people own GTA5 on PS3 and now they are considering buying the game on PC. They can choose to double dip or not. It doesn't make the PS3 GTA5 obsolete, it will still be there.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@SeanSpade said:

There's nothing that can be done? Does PS Now allow people to not have to rent their own games that already [aid for? Like I bought GTA V in November, and now I have to buy GTA V in November again to play it if I don't have a PS3?

Just curious.

The PS3 is no obselete, there are still great games coming for it and you can get games for it cheap as hell.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

If anything, PS Now makes it so it's a good idea to hold onto your PS3 if you intend to play more PS3 games. The price to rent on there just isn't worth it, in my opinion. PS3 games are only going to get cheaper to the point where most of them will be under $15. I'm not sure what you're trying to ask about GTA V. There's a PS4 version coming out later this year, yeah. But that doesn't mean you have to buy it if you've already spent a great deal of time playing it on the PS3. So now, I don't think the PS3 is obsolete at all. I intend to keep mine around and will probably still be playing it, at least a little bit, even when I have a PS4.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

After looking at the ps now prices on my ps4, I was so glad that I kept my ps3.