Ps4 less than 2 weeks away - Whats in your ps3 tray?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by marcheegsr (2427 posts) -

It's almost time. Although October seems to be slowly dragging. I hope the next 2 weeks go by fast.

To the people picking up ps4 day one or next month, my question is..

What are you playing in the mean time to pass the time?

I'm so tempted to pick up BF4, AC Black flag for ps3 tomorrow but im going to wait it out just 3 more weeks and get them for ps4.

I just picked up Borderlands 2 and Beyond two souls. Throw in a little GTAV online and that should keep me busy.

#2 Edited by MoeAlza (115 posts) -

First assassins creed and GTA V

#3 Edited by jukev2424 (243 posts) -

I have been playing BF3 to get familiar with the series before i jump into BF4 on day one.

#4 Posted by Megavideogamer (5230 posts) -

Diablo 3

#5 Posted by chrisrooR (9026 posts) -

Well, considering I just bought a PS3 about a month ago I have tons of catching up to do, so I won't be getting a PS4 any time soon.

Right now I'm just starting to sink my teeth into Read Dead Redemption....and man, what a game it is. There's just so much to do.

#6 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7932 posts) -

I bought singularity for real cheap on the buy 2 get 1 sale on used games and its not to bad. I am thankin of buyin AC4 or BF4 on PSN tonight though

#7 Posted by jukev2424 (243 posts) -

@chrisrooR: i highly recommend far cry 3 if you like red dead redemption. Beautiful game with similar things like hunting but many more animals and a great story line with more diverse map.

#8 Posted by marcheegsr (2427 posts) -

I have been playing BF3 to get familiar with the series before i jump into BF4 on day one.

Best fps shooter on the ps3 in my imo.

#9 Edited by ewalthour (560 posts) -

I am not tempted to get any ps3 games after finishing up GTA 5 and possibly selling the system. I probably will keep PS3 but I am thinking about it. I can easily wait until PS4 comes out since i waited this long. I am not sure if i will get Battlefield nor assassin creed but call of duty is on my watch list after a PS4 review.

#10 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8570 posts) -

I've been playing DMC: Vergil's Downfall and Assassin's Creed II.

#11 Posted by MarcRecon (5390 posts) -

Even though I am getting the PS4 on day 1, I'm really not that overwhelmed with the launch lineup. So I got loads of current-gen games to keep me busy before and after it is released!

But to answer your question I'm playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist!

#12 Edited by The_Rick_14 (9927 posts) -

Rotating between GTA V, GT5, MW3, and NCAA 14

#13 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

I've just hurt my shoulder playing Far Cry 3, and I have many more games to play on my PS3. I will purchase a PS4 for myself, nonetheless.

#14 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68827 posts) -

I am playing Okami and PES 14 at the moment

#15 Posted by marcheegsr (2427 posts) -

Ahh your a PES fan. Do you prefer it to fifa?

I didn't buy either yet this year. But will probably get fifa 14 on ps4.

Though ive always been attracted to the gameplay of pes games.

#16 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68827 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I try to play FIFA every once in a while. I played 09 and i got 12 a little while ago for a bargain. But yeah, i don't like FIFA more than PES. I played every single one of them since the SNES days. I like it more

#17 Posted by hikaruai (22 posts) -

How are you liking 'Beyond' so far?

#18 Edited by FinalFighters (1312 posts) -

Saints Row 4

#19 Posted by marcheegsr (2427 posts) -

@hikaruai said:

How are you liking 'Beyond' so far?

I actually like it quite a bit. It does remind me of Heavy rain and I loved that game.

Though I have to admit it is not for everyone. Yes it plays like a interactive movie but its truly a unique experience. Great graphics also. It has a good story to it. I give it a 9/10.

I paid $40 for it which is defiantly worth it at that price.

#20 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68827 posts) -

It's also a month away for me btw

#21 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16436 posts) -

Nothing in the tray. Playing downloaded games I got free with plus. My next disk game to play will be Ni No Kuni. I just started Spec Ops: The Line earlier today.

#22 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68827 posts) -

Nothing in the tray. Playing downloaded games I got free with plus. My next disk game to play will be Ni No Kuni. I just started Spec Ops: The Line earlier today.

Both awesome games

#23 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25406 posts) -

GTA V and the new Splinter Cell. I haven't finished Okami HD & The Last Of Us yet and have a bunch of downloaded + games I haven't started.

#24 Edited by AutoPilotOn (7932 posts) -

Just beat singularity and bought bf4 yesterday also paid the 9.99 for ps4 digital upgrade

#25 Posted by Wallyh08 (535 posts) -

FIFA. Going to play through Enslaved again though and pray I can get a release day PS4

#26 Posted by bezza2011 (2193 posts) -

I'm pretty much sticking with GTA Online until release, i've held off Fifa this long i may aswel wayed it out and all the good games which have come out battlefield and AC4 there on ps4 so just going to ride it out. luckily i'm working 6days a week for the next 2weeks then the week after i'm away on holiday for 2weeks and then the week i'm back it's launch week here in the uk

unlucky that i didn't reserve it before hand and i'm in phase 2 so a week or so after launch i'll have the console, will be picking my games and extra controllers up before hand tho and really annoy myself lol

#27 Posted by donalbane (16135 posts) -

I beat Beyond and decided to go ahead and replay all the Killzone games. I thought now would be a good time to try Killzone HD. Turns out, I was wrong. I'm about to start Killzone 2, and am excited for that, but boy, Killzone HD was sure no picnic. I actually wrote a review expressing just how unexciting the experience has been, though I look forward to revising 2 and 3, which I really enjoy.

My Killzone HD Review LINK

#28 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I try to play FIFA every once in a while. I played 09 and i got 12 a little while ago for a bargain. But yeah, i don't like FIFA more than PES. I played every single one of them since the SNES days. I like it more

The first FIFA game that I played was FIFA 99 on PC. Oldschool FIFA gamer here. = )

#29 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8807 posts) -

MLB 13 The Show

#30 Posted by bezza2011 (2193 posts) -

@dipdish said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@marcheegsr said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

The first FIFA game that I played was FIFA 99 on PC. Oldschool FIFA gamer here. = )

Fifa 97 with my first ever pc, indoor football has to be returned, that was the greatest thing about fifa and yet they took it out and we have fifa street which just isn't indoor fifa

#31 Posted by marcheegsr (2427 posts) -

@dipdish said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@marcheegsr said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Fifa 97 with my first ever pc, indoor football has to be returned, that was the greatest thing about fifa and yet they took it out and we have fifa street which just isn't indoor fifa

Damn I remember playing fifa 97 and Fifa 98 road to the world cup on pc. I loved the indoor games. Good idea to bring that to an upcoming fifa. Id buy in a heartbeat.

#32 Posted by midway_nights (575 posts) -

GTA V and Heavy rain.

#33 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Well, considering I just bought a PS3 about a month ago I have tons of catching up to do, so I won't be getting a PS4 any time soon.

Right now I'm just starting to sink my teeth into Read Dead Redemption....and man, what a game it is. There's just so much to do.

Great game! I'm going through Dishonored, again.

#34 Posted by windzorite (12 posts) -

Ni no kuni. Downloaded the demo and just a few days later bought it. Really good game. Only 5 or so hours in

#35 Posted by Truvietplaya (659 posts) -

PS4

EXTRA CONTROLLER

NBA 2K14

CALL OF DUTY GHOST

KILLZONE SF

(STILL DEBATING IF I SHOULD GET COD OR KILLZONE.)

PSN SUBSCRIPTION FOR A YEAR

#36 Posted by CTR360 (6851 posts) -

beyond two souls tales of xillia GTA V kindoms hearts HD and soon GT6 i am busy with ps3

#37 Edited by marcheegsr (2427 posts) -

@CTR360 said:

beyond two souls tales of xillia GTA V kindoms hearts HD and soon GT6 i am busy with ps3

Yea im really looking forward to GT6 on ps3.

#38 Edited by larence549 (10 posts) -

I think ps4 will have great run.It might be really outstanding and will be of modified version of ps3