PS4 is broken 3 weeks after having it...!!!!!!!!

SilentAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 159

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SilentAssassin
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts

I've been a fan of Sony since the original Playstation and never had any major issue until now. My PS4 had trouble reading game discs. Now, it won't even load a game an makes a loud noise when trying!! Luckily, I can store my data online now because I'm a playstation plus member so I won't lose anything. I just hope BestBuy doesn't give me any problems about exchanging it!!!!!!! Ahhhh I'm pissed!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

If you just bought it 3 weeks ago, why would they give you any problems? It hasn't been a full month so you should be good to go for an exchange. If you are past the month timeframe, just send it to sony because it's still under the manufactures warranty.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

dont you get a year of protect from Sony? I heard you do.

but that truly unfortunate brother, I always have fears about my gaming systems breaking down on me. I has happened yet to be, but i know i would be extremely piss.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@SilentAssassin: it's under warranty, so you shouldn't have any problems.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

a real shame your having problems, but I've had mine since launch and except from this silly problem i get when i've played a game for a length of time and the shop doesn't open once i got back to the menu and i have to turn it off and on again to get it to work, i've had no problems what so ever.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

As sad as it is, electronics do break unfortunately, it happens to the best of us. You're still under warranty so don't worry, at least it didn't break out of warranty.

Dave_Wiggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dave_Wiggins
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Unfortunately anything man made does have a tendency to break. Your under warranty so it shouldn't be a big deal. It's not when something break, but how a company choices to handle it that I pass judgement on.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

This happened to me a couple of months back, sounds like the exact same problem too. Luckily I bought it from EB Games and they exchanged it no worries (they do it for the first year here in Aus apparently).

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

my first ps4 broken last may after 2 weeks sony send me new

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Sorry hear that your PS4 died on you. Lucky it is only 3 weeks so Best Buy should exchange it for another one. You just got an unlucky batch. Good luck with your next PS4.

zero3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 zero3one
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

@SilentAssassin: So... what was the final outcome of this? Did you exchange it? Smash it to bits and curse the gaming Gods? Cried into your pillow and bought another one?

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

where's the follow up with this troll, and if it really broke why whine about it online as if that's going to make things better? I bought the extended warranty via PSN, but mine has lasted a year so far, mostly collecting dust like my Wii U and Vita, gaming is dead. We need Uncharted 4, RE7, Revelations 2 asap to bring consoles back to life.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@zero3one said:

SilentAssassin: So... what was the final outcome of this? Did you exchange it? Smash it to bits and curse the gaming Gods? Cried into your pillow and bought another one?

@yixingtpot said:

where's the follow up with this troll, and if it really broke why whine about it online as if that's going to make things better? I bought the extended warranty via PSN, but mine has lasted a year so far, mostly collecting dust like my Wii U and Vita, gaming is dead. We need Uncharted 4, RE7, Revelations 2 asap to bring consoles back to life.

It's under warranty and as I've seen over the years, they rarely come back if the "damage/irritation" didn't work as expected.

Typically if the comments didn't go they way some of these topic creators hope, that means it was time to move on to the next website and similar themed threads.

I have seen this way too many times but this could be the exception, who knows. Probably not though.