ps4 graphics (show your pics)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by danlevm (226 posts) -

#2 Posted by danlevm (226 posts) -

Some pics I took on ps4 ....I think the graphics are better than I thought they would be

#3 Posted by 01_855403 (1003 posts) -

@danlevm Same here!

#4 Edited by BSC14 (3893 posts) -

hummmm...I guess I have been "next gen" for a few years on my PC.

HAZHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just playing...kinda. :)

#5 Edited by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

hummmm...I guess I have been "next gen" for a few years on my PC.

HAZHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it back to system wars please. No need for that here.

#6 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

I only have one. I captured it using the share button.

Just had to share the lighting :)

#7 Posted by dipdish (870 posts) -

@good_sk8er7 said:

I only have one. I captured it using the share button.

Just had to share the lighting :)

Splendid job on lightning.

#8 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

What game are the first two pics from? They look really good and the setting is pretty cool.

#9 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

@blueboxdoctor said:

What game are the first two pics from? They look really good and the setting is pretty cool.

It is a multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Ghosts.

#10 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

I can't play mine til Christmas but great job guys now lets see some more pics!

#11 Posted by danlevm (226 posts) -

Going to post some AC4(patched 1080p).... have to update when I get home...

#12 Edited by Izak80 (265 posts) -

@dipdish: fantastic!

#13 Posted by vacaS5oi (18 posts) -

OP why not use the share button on PS4, to take screenshots?

Anyway, not a screenshot, but my first (and only) shared video atm.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202545694348820&l=2691623134043126762

#14 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

It looks really good, youtube videos don't do it any justice. :)

#15 Posted by Sokol4ever (6305 posts) -

#16 Posted by st_anger10 (48 posts) -

@danlevm: I felt the same way,they are great for launch,I imagine they will just get alot better down the road!

#17 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Wow that's like super clean as far as I am concerned. The water looks super real and the backgrounds look detailed. Go Sony!

#18 Edited by BattleSpectre (6227 posts) -

Just a question because as you can tell it's hard to judge on youtube videos and still shots but how are the jaggies on next-gen games? are their still a few or is the picture like super crisp and you can't tell unless you look really close? Other then that these graphics look phenomenal.

#19 Edited by Geminon (1095 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Just a question because as you can tell it's hard to judge on youtube videos and still shots but how are the jaggies on next-gen games? are their still a few or is the picture like super crisp and you can't tell unless you look really close? Other then that these graphics look phenomenal.

so far, actual next gen games (KZSF basically for PS4) have little to no jaggies. KZSF is pretty clean of any jaggies as far as i can tell. being native 1080p helps a ton.

#20 Edited by BattleSpectre (6227 posts) -

@Geminon said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Just a question because as you can tell it's hard to judge on youtube videos and still shots but how are the jaggies on next-gen games? are their still a few or is the picture like super crisp and you can't tell unless you look really close? Other then that these graphics look phenomenal.

so far, actual next gen games (KZSF basically for PS4) have little to no jaggies. KZSF is pretty clean of any jaggies as far as i can tell. being native 1080p helps a ton.

That's good to know. I can't wait to see these games up and running on my TV. #Excited

#21 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

It looks to me that Xbox One games will have more jaggies overall. I am very impressed with how far they have come as far as rendering water and fire. I think everyone including myself had determined that this new gen wasn't a graphical leap from last gen but I think it is but the differences are going to be in the finer details as opposed to the overall look of the game. Including things like when your walking through the sand and you leave a footprint versus before the sand wouldn't have been disturbed. And instead of walking through the brush the brush would be pushed out of the way. One thing that they haven't mastered is when you make a splash you can see the pixelated mist and that I even saw in Uncharted so that's something that needs to be rendering more finely. Not to mention those crappy shadows and rain drops in GT5. Wow that was TOTALLY unacceptable.

#22 Posted by dipdish (870 posts) -

@CyberLips said:

It looks really good, youtube videos don't do it any justice. :)

I saw 1080 resolution option on YouTube the other day, but what about fps?

#23 Edited by TheTenth10 (3059 posts) -

since I saw a pic of AC4, is the "splash" effect when the hero dives any good? in AC3 it loooked horrible

#24 Edited by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@dipdish said:

@CyberLips said:

It looks really good, youtube videos don't do it any justice. :)

I saw 1080 resolution option on YouTube the other day, but what about fps?

I don't think there is any way to change the fps. :/

#25 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

@TheTenth10: LMFAO who cares about Splash effects?

#26 Edited by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Well it's not the most important but it's something that they need to improve this gen. The water effects in Far Cry 3 even for the PC were very disappointing. Kind of expected more.

#27 Posted by TheTenth10 (3059 posts) -

honestly being "immersed" in a game and seeing a zone of white pixels almost resembling little squares and a sound like we heard in the 1990s is very disappointing

#28 Posted by Ne-Plus-Ultra (248 posts) -

So far the games are looking good. I've only played Ghosts and AC4 so far, but they are much better then I thought they would be, with all the negative talk that's out there I thought they wouldn't be much better then last gen considering they are launch games. Plus with Ghosts and AC4 the updates for both of these games patched it from 720p to 1080p, so it looks like all the reviews must of been judging the 720p versions.

#29 Posted by BoutDat26 (292 posts) -

From KSF and COD

#30 Edited by Largo_npc (6 posts) -

I'm confused as to why people aren't using the Share button to take screenshots. Is it intermittent?

#31 Posted by Geminon (1095 posts) -

@Largo_npc said:

I'm confused as to why people aren't using the Share button to take screenshots. Is it intermittent?

you can only upload to facebook or twitter.... so if you dont use either of those... then you are SOL.

#32 Edited by Geminon (1095 posts) -

i have to post this video because it is just pure win.

was night, in the middle of a storm, and i got into a fight with a group of ships... and decided to take a prize:

AC4 Boarding Action

and here is a pretty bad ass fort assault:

AC4 Fort Assault

and here is a storm i ran into that has me hitting a rogue wave head on and going practically vertical:

AC4 Storm

just figured i would post a bunch for people to see if they are on the fence with AC4 or whatevs.

#33 Edited by danlevm (226 posts) -

#34 Posted by Lord_of_Terrans (196 posts) -

great pictures guys

#35 Edited by dipdish (870 posts) -

@danlevm said:

Really nice. = )

#36 Posted by enriK233 (543 posts) -