Ps4 graphics do look better than PS3

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (1137 posts) -

Weird but for some reason, at first I couldn't tell much of a difference. But I've been playing the PS4 games at GameStop and have been looking at a lot of new PS4 games an upcoming games, and now whenever I play PS3 I feel like I'm playing a console with some graphics that have actually aged. Is that how you feel? You don't notice the difference at first, but then when you go back to PS3, then you start to truly see it? I think the reason this happened was because of unrealistic expectations when PS4 came out. I'm playing Infamous on PS3 right now and the graphics are not as good as Infamous 2nd Son. Everything about the PS4 graphics just look better, more detailed, more colorful, and much prettier.

#2 Posted by MondasM (1255 posts) -

i haven't touched my ps3 since december... :(

#3 Posted by sukraj (22811 posts) -

My ps3 is collecting dust.

#4 Posted by marlobc (802 posts) -

There is huge difference in frames/sec ,gfx, anti aliasing and colors .

#5 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

That's pretty much how every new console starts. Look at 'Perfect Dark' for Xbox 360 when that launched with the system and compare it to Gears of War 3 even. The graphics have greatly improved over the years as developers started utilizing more and more of the system's power. I suspect it will only get better from here on out for the PS4.

#6 Posted by philip6k (507 posts) -

I felt the same way and the exact same thing happen to me when ps3 came out. I remember thinking ps2 looked great and I had no issues with it, then I played ps3 and when I went back to ps2 I started noticing how the graphics weren't good anymore.

#7 Posted by SoNin360 (5483 posts) -

I would hope so. I don't have a PS4 yet, but I'm still fine with how most PS3 games look. I was actually quite impressed with how some its later games like The Last of Us, GTAV, and BioShock Infinite looked on it. I feel there are plenty of games I could play 5 years or so from now and not have to adjust too much because of how it looks. Of course, I say all of that without having experienced the PS4. So I wonder if that same thing will happen to me. But I still feel PS3 games will age much better than PS2 games did.

#8 Posted by Christiaan1996 (92 posts) -

This is really a bunch of crap...PS3's specs might not be what the PS4 has but it still blows the PS4 out of the water!!!!!

#9 Posted by KHAndAnime (13769 posts) -

PS3 is so ugly it hurts so look at. PS4 looks p good in comparison, night and day difference

#10 Posted by Christiaan1996 (92 posts) -

#@KHAndAnime:

You are just like those guys when said the same about the difference between the PS2 and the PS3....the difference isn't that big anymore! The PS3 is still a great gaming console...especially now that the price has dropped...PS3 and PS2 4 life! I'm considering on getting a PS1 as well, but with a modchip installed...

#11 Posted by thehig1 (2044 posts) -

@christiaan1996 said:

#@KHAndAnime:

You are just like those guys when said the same about the difference between the PS2 and the PS3....the difference isn't that big anymore! The PS3 is still a great gaming console...especially now that the price has dropped...PS3 and PS2 4 life! I'm considering on getting a PS1 as well, but with a modchip installed...

you dont need to mod it, find an action replay cartridge and a spring.

action replay ps1

#12 Posted by marcheegsr (2742 posts) -

You also said Dreamcast games had better graphics then Killzone shadowfall. Don't make me look for that post :).

#13 Posted by l34052 (3198 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

PS3 is so ugly it hurts so look at. PS4 looks p good in comparison, night and day difference

Some people love to overplay things. The ps4 games do look better obviously but the ps3 is not that bad at all, i still routinely use mine.

#14 Posted by marcheegsr (2742 posts) -

I still use my ps3 even thought I have 15 ps4 games.

Graphics aren't everything.

#15 Posted by BattleSpectre (6135 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

You also said Dreamcast games had better graphics then Killzone shadowfall. Don't make me look for that post :).

Can you please find that post?

#16 Posted by marcheegsr (2742 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@marcheegsr said:

@mdk12345 said:

Oh well. I should probably stay as far away from that game as possible. It had fuzzy graphics. Dreamcast racing games look and play much better than Drive Club. Same with Killzone, some fuzzy images in the backgrounds. Dreamcast looks fully smooth.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/playstation-discussion-1000002/drive-club-for-free-to-ps-plus-members-31683273/

#17 Edited by BattleSpectre (6135 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@marcheegsr said:

@mdk12345 said:

Oh well. I should probably stay as far away from that game as possible. It had fuzzy graphics. Dreamcast racing games look and play much better than Drive Club. Same with Killzone, some fuzzy images in the backgrounds. Dreamcast looks fully smooth.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/playstation-discussion-1000002/drive-club-for-free-to-ps-plus-members-31683273/

Hahhahahahahahahahahhah, I lost it!!!!! That's gold, thanks for digging that out for me.

#18 Edited by GregDale (15 posts) -

" You don't notice the difference at first, but then when you go back to PS3, then you start to truly see it? I think the reason this happened was because of unrealistic expectations when PS4 came out."

No we didn't have unrealistic expectations, we're being sold systems that are just enough of an upgrade to make sales. I'm disappointed with sony and ms. shame shame lol

#19 Posted by MDK12345 (1137 posts) -

@gregdale said:

" You don't notice the difference at first, but then when you go back to PS3, then you start to truly see it? I think the reason this happened was because of unrealistic expectations when PS4 came out."

No we didn't have unrealistic expectations, we're being sold systems that are just enough of an upgrade to make sales. I'm disappointed with sony and ms. shame shame lol

I actually like the PS4 graphic now, even The Last of Us Remastered. I played Crysis 2 on PS3 and it looks so bad now. PS4 is more smooth and is shinier, textures are more full, and colorful. I don't like PS3 graphics except for some of the platform games. PS4 is where it's at now, but PS4 will continue to get better. I may have had unrealistic expectations because of the Watchdog game play from last year. The real version was worse than the preview. I hope the same doesn't happen with Dying Light.

#20 Posted by thehig1 (2044 posts) -

@mdk12345:

@BattleSpectre said:

@marcheegsr said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@marcheegsr said:

@mdk12345 said:

Hahhahahahahahahahahhah, I lost it!!!!! That's gold, thanks for digging that out for me.

MDK12345 you should have that post in signature :D

#21 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (634 posts) -

I feel that way looking at the ps4 and especially the xbox one. Since building a pc and playing ultra at 1440p, I've grown to notice how lacking a lot of the games are on both major systems. It's also made me realize how many companies don't leverage current pc tech and software as most don't see a reason to build to far beyond the lower end systems their games are releasing on. Which is a shame because the only game now holding my interest and hype would be Star Citizen. Seems to be the only game trying to really push the boundaries and move the medium forward in a large way.

#22 Posted by MondasM (1255 posts) -

@ribstaylor1: the install base for high end pcs is much lower than any console, hence developers need to optimise their software according the lowest acceptable denominator... all you have is uniformity within consoles...