PS4 got banned from PSN on Day 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by marlobc (802 posts) -

My friend's PS4 got banned from PSN for no reason ! He only played BF4 and livestreamed 1-2 times on twitch and that only Single player player gameplay , he don't have PS Camera or mic to abuse anyone ! THIS IS BS Sony ! WTFFFFFF

#2 Posted by marlobc (802 posts) -

Please spread this news , so sony helps him out

#3 Edited by BattleSpectre (6227 posts) -

There's two sides to every story. I'm almost certain their was a reason, and if not, your friends best bet is not to spam websites but to give Sony a ring so they can clear this up for him.

#4 Posted by marlobc (802 posts) -

@BattleSpectre:

It is an imported console , so he can't ring up Sony . There was no reason , so if you can't help don't just assume things , posting a thread is not spamming , get your facts right .

#5 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72286 posts) -

The console is region free, it shouldn't be any problem. Give them a ring

#6 Posted by JohnF111 (14093 posts) -

Yeah they all say that "I only did (insert excuses) and nothing else". However mistakes have been known to happen so as others say call Sony and sort it out, forums won't help much.

#7 Posted by RossRichard (2394 posts) -

Anytime my friends have a story like this to tell me, there is ALWAYS one or two REALLY crucial details they 'forget'. If he cannot call Sony and get it sorted out for himself, then maybe he deserves to have a banned console.

#8 Edited by marlobc (802 posts) -

Contacting Sony is useless they tell the same thing over and over , right now i am waiting for a email ,explaining the ban .

#9 Posted by marlobc (802 posts) -

And no one deserves a banned console

#10 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

so it

@marlobc said:

My friend's PS4

@marlobc said:

i am awaiting

xD

#11 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

so it

@marlobc said:

My friend's PS4

@marlobc said:

i am awaiting

xD

Hah, yeah I figured this much. Good luck marl, hopefully you weren't too much of a prick to someone you may have a chance.

#12 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

I have a hard time believing he got banned for nothing. If true though he can call them and get it fixed.

#13 Posted by jcknapier711 (380 posts) -

@marlobc said:

Contacting Sony is useless they tell the same thing over and over , right now i am awaiting email from them explaining the ban .

Ok, your "friend" got banned. Maybe the problem is that your "friend" should contact Sony himself?

Next time be more careful when you're breaking the rules.

#14 Posted by marlobc (802 posts) -

Yes he called Sony himself , how am i breaking the rules ?

#15 Edited by marlobc (802 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

so it

@marlobc said:

My friend's PS4

@marlobc said:

i am awaiting

xD

awaiting reply , grammatical errors - we all do it

#16 Posted by Jaysonguy (37683 posts) -

If they're not in a region that supports the PSN maybe that's why it's banned?

#17 Edited by jcknapier711 (380 posts) -

@marlobc said:

Yes he called Sony himself , how am i breaking the rules ?

Your "friend" called Sony himself and told Sony to give you a call and now you're waiting for a reply?

You're glass.

#18 Posted by supa_badman (16633 posts) -

what'd you stream?

#19 Posted by SpiderLuke (523 posts) -

Everyone has a mic.

#20 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -

@jcknapier711 said:

@marlobc said:

Contacting Sony is useless they tell the same thing over and over , right now i am awaiting email from them explaining the ban .

Ok, your "friend" got banned. Maybe the problem is that your "friend" should contact Sony himself?

Next time be more careful when you're breaking the rules.

This.

#21 Edited by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

@marlobc: Don't let the trolls and haters get you down, brother.

#22 Posted by nagarviv (6 posts) -

See this is what exactly everybody is saying... We bought it from someone who already got got it from Amazon , Price was 750$. We are not stupid and a bunch kid who will blow it for fun. We are passionate about gaming and that why we bought it. We tried reaching Sony and all they said that we only support North America and we need to contact India Sony Support and India sony support is redirecting it to US Sony support . To someone who said Ps4 is region free ...try to understand the real meaning of it. All we ever wanted to know if someone knows about it and how to get it resolved as it was the first console ban ... Even this error code was nowhere listed. Our only grudge is we don't know why it was banned and thanks to you guys nobody will ever believe that we are innocent.

#23 Posted by marlobc (802 posts) -

@jcknapier711 said:

@marlobc said:

Yes he called Sony himself , how am i breaking the rules ?

Your "friend" called Sony himself and told Sony to give you a call and now you're waiting for a reply?

You're glass.

you're a mirror , you can't see both sides clearly

#24 Posted by marlobc (802 posts) -

Because i was with him when he calle

@Rattlesnake_8 said:

@jcknapier711 said:

@marlobc said:

Contacting Sony is useless they tell the same thing over and over , right now i am awaiting email from them explaining the ban .

Ok, your "friend" got banned. Maybe the problem is that your "friend" should contact Sony himself?

Next time be more careful when you're breaking the rules.

This.

This is stupid*

#25 Posted by dalger21 (1169 posts) -

Haha..these types of threads always make me laugh.

#26 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@nagarviv said:

See this is what exactly everybody is saying... We bought it from someone who already got got it from Amazon , Price was 750$. We are not stupid and a bunch kid who will blow it for fun. We are passionate about gaming and that why we bought it. We tried reaching Sony and all they said that we only support North America and we need to contact India Sony Support and India sony support is redirecting it to US Sony support . To someone who said Ps4 is region free ...try to understand the real meaning of it. All we ever wanted to know if someone knows about it and how to get it resolved as it was the first console ban ... Even this error code was nowhere listed. Our only grudge is we don't know why it was banned and thanks to you guys nobody will ever believe that we are innocent.

assuming that nothing wrong was actually done, what do you expect us to do? hold your hand say we're sorry this happened? if its a legit problem, try and get in contact with actual news outlets. not an internet forum.

#27 Posted by MethodManFTW (25783 posts) -

have you tried contacting interpol?

#29 Edited by dujubear (43 posts) -

Youre making things complicated than it should be.

The one who got banned should talk to Sony cuz he knows all the details. Why have to pass it here and there and you and her and it?

#30 Edited by marlobc (802 posts) -

Can somebody post this on NEOGAF ?

#31 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3801 posts) -

Saying that "no one deserves a banned console" is the reason I have a hard time believing what you are saying. I know plenty of asshats that deserve a banned console... I try not to even associate myself with cheaters or people that try to jailbreak, or any of that crap... Do THEY not deserve to be banned? It is that arrogant sense of entitlement that makes me laugh when I think of the situation. However, if you TRULY are innocent things will be sorted out. There are cases where people get accused of things they didn't do. However... I think the fact that SONY is being so gun ho to show everyone they will not put up with it this time around is AWESOME. I would gladly be on their perma-ban team if I could, and I find a story like this to be awesome if you were truly guilty.

Everyone claims innocence after being caught.

However, like I said before.... If you are innocent then that IS GREAT. I would NEVER want someone to get banned that is 100% legit. :)

Anything I wrote here would not be offensive to someone that is innocent.

#32 Posted by marlobc (802 posts) -

@WitIsWisdom said:

Saying that "no one deserves a banned console" is the reason I have a hard time believing what you are saying. I know plenty of asshats that deserve a banned console... I try not to even associate myself with cheaters or people that try to jailbreak, or any of that crap... Do THEY not deserve to be banned? It is that arrogant sense of entitlement that makes me laugh when I think of the situation. However, if you TRULY are innocent things will be sorted out. There are cases where people get accused of things they didn't do. However... I think the fact that SONY is being so gun ho to show everyone they will not put up with it this time around is AWESOME. I would gladly be on their perma-ban team if I could, and I find a story like this to be awesome if you were truly guilty.

Everyone claims innocence after being caught.

However, like I said before.... If you are innocent then that IS GREAT. I would NEVER want someone to get banned that is 100% legit. :)

Anything I wrote here would not be offensive to someone that is innocent.

Great ,i know i am innocent , so i will act that you didn't say anything to me .

#33 Edited by Zen_Light (1236 posts) -

Something is very wrong here. If "your friend" has done nothing wrong then calling Sony wouldn't be a problem.

Just fess up and tell us the truth already.

#34 Edited by marlobc (802 posts) -

@Zen_Light said:

Something is very wrong here. If "your friend" has done nothing wrong then calling Sony wouldn't be a problem.

Just fess up and tell us the truth already.

i have seen you before , defending Sony like an idiot . FANBOY

#35 Posted by TheTenth10 (3059 posts) -

let's try to be logical with the info we have - and the very important one we don't have : if the console was imported, I guess it is because the country of the buyer is not a major country like USA or UK, so simply, the country may not have a PSN at all, thus having the same effect as being banned from PSN