PS4 Game Reviews on Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

• Knack: 4 points,
  • Killzone - Shadow Fall: 7 points,
  • Resogun: 8 points,

and, so on.

What do you guys think about scores and reviews in general? I'm actually a tad surprised to see Killzone - Shadow Fall's overall score.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Sound Shapes 9, Flower 8, Contrast 5. I am surprised Knack was reviewed this harsh. It doesn't look to have a lot of bugs or glitches and plays smoothly. I like the look of it, But to each its own. GI gave it a 8.25 though

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah Knack seems to be getting mixed to negative reviews... I'll still get it probably (along with KZ) since there's nothing else that really grabs me.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Reviewers are trying hard to not overrate games now, which I respect. Just hope it goes both ways if you know what I mean.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

@Terrencec06:

Unfortunately, it does not go both ways, if you ask me.

And, bigger titles, such as; COD and Battlefield seem to be, how can I put it nicely, favored. Just like Real Madrid or Barcelona is, by referees sometimes.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I'm surprised at Killzone's review. The developer put a lot of effort into keeping the game more than a "run-n-gun", and it only scores a 7. Ghost doesn't try to do anything new and scores a 8. Even Arkham Origins scored lower for being "too similar to previous titles in the series". Gamespot's reviews are just really crappy and inconsistent, you'd have to be a doofus to take them with any grain of seriousness.

On the upside, I hope these people cancel their preorders so I can have a higher chance at getting my PS4 launch night.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#7  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Terrencec06 said:

Reviewers are trying hard to not overrate games now, which I respect. Just hope it goes both ways if you know what I mean.

I think the ONLY reason it's getting low score is because it's a new gen. I haven't heard of bugs, glitches or even framerate issues. It might be a little repetative, but it's not a 4.0. Seriously. MscShea gave Ducktales and Bioshock a 4. So don't take him seriously

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

It's pretty funny. People have been dumping on the X1 for 6 months, and now each exclusive ps4 game is getting a beating. Everyone should keep in mind that you play the software, not the hardware.

I'm electing to buy neither console for at least 6 months-year.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Terrencec06 said:

You are asking for democracy on this website?

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Considering myself a mild fan-boy, I would say that I feel some of these reviews seem a bit off. COD:Ghosts got an 8, and it is basically the same game every year. I've read people's comments and they say that the campaign is one of the all-time weakest in the franchise. Why did they not touch on this in the review, or perhaps they did? Meanwhile; the multiplayer-game Battlefield 4 scored a 7, one of the negative sides was the poor campaign... this is pretty "unfair" coming from a game that started out as, and still is, mainly a multiplayer-game. People buy this game to play the 32 vs. 32 online component, not the 2,5 hour long campaign...

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@Terrencec06 said:

Actually that's kind of the goal at some point. To feature user reviews along side the ones from our editors. We just need you guys to... well write them I guess.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

give it time. early reviews are wonky.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@DigitalDame said:

@MarcRecon said:

@Terrencec06 said:

Actually that's kind of the goal at some point. To feature user reviews along side the ones from our editors. We just need you guys to... well write them I guess.

lol, I can't argue with that!! Most of us complain, but we don't do our part in solving the problem. :)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Terrencec06 said:

I think the ONLY reason it's getting low score is because it's a new gen. I haven't heard of bugs, glitches or even framerate issues. It might be a little repetative, but it's not a 4.0. Seriously. MscShea gave Ducktales and Bioshock a 4. So don't take him seriously

Ducktales is garbage so....

RAGEofSTUNTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 RAGEofSTUNTS
Member since 2010 • 733 Posts

Multiplats4lyfe, there won't be exclusives that make much of a difference between the consoles for some time unless you only play very specific genres.