Ps4 doesnt tell me When friends log on.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

I would love Sony to add this. I Believe both the Xbox and Ps3 did this. When I am playing a certain games and my friends log on to play another game, the console won't alert me of that. Kind of sucks. Hope this comes back. There is notifications for everything else but this.

#2 Posted by marcheegsr (2431 posts) -

Yea no kidding. I was wondering why they left that out. Maybe they did it because with the 2000 people you can add, it might get annoying after a while.

I thought maybe there was an option to turn it on, just never looked for it. I guess there isn't.

#3 Posted by kljohns2 (398 posts) -

@RiKanKiDD: I tried looking for this as well. I agree with the 2000 friends getting annoying after awhile but maybe it could notify you if your friend just logged on and is playing the same game?

#4 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9927 posts) -

Agreed. Hopefully this gets added in the future. I wouldn't mind a system where you could designate certain friends as favorites and only get notifications about their activity as far as signing in, signing out, or starting a game.

#5 Edited by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

Yes, and they also need theme support put on the PS4.

#6 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

Well even with the 2000 friends they should give us an option for the PS4 to notify us when certain friends log on.

#7 Posted by suade907 (347 posts) -

In some games it shows you if you have friends playing online. Would be nice to have the option though.

#9 Edited by bezza2011 (2218 posts) -

Its just an oversight from Sony dont worry more features are on there way give them abit more time they have done the right thing focus on the main parts and the rest later.this is just the beginning

#10 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

Yea no kidding. I was wondering why they left that out. Maybe they did it because with the 2000 people you can add, it might get annoying after a while.

I thought maybe there was an option to turn it on, just never looked for it. I guess there isn't.

You actually can control your notifications. Settings > Notifications. They'll probably patch it at some point.

#11 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69064 posts) -

it doesn't really bother me, it would be nice to turn it off and on though

#12 Posted by LexLas (4163 posts) -

My friend who read up on this said the feature is available. It also allows you to turn it off for video watching, or gaming notifications while gaming. It will have this feature available. I wish they did that for the PS3, how hard can it be ?

#13 Posted by grand17 (2079 posts) -

also, your ps3 friends cant see that you are online

#14 Posted by iambatman7986 (385 posts) -

Agreed. Hopefully this gets added in the future. I wouldn't mind a system where you could designate certain friends as favorites and only get notifications about their activity as far as signing in, signing out, or starting a game.

I love this idea. Sony, please make this happen.

#15 Posted by HitmanActual (313 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

They certainly do. Everything is so plain, I miss my campfire theme.

#16 Posted by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

They certainly do. Everything is so plain, I miss my campfire theme.

I signed up for Music Unlimited. It allows for music in-game & does play list. I also got skins for my PS4s. I don't recommend standing the PS4 upright. It makes the fan go louder. My wife loves Knack. It's 2p co-op drop in drop out. Sony just needs to add a few things to the PS4.