• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by michelle3g (101 posts) -

i have heard rumors about sony starting to build a ps4 at 2010 to realese a few years later...is this true?

#2 Posted by bushidotu (1495 posts) -
where u hear this rumor at?
#3 Posted by NanakiNebula (604 posts) -
Sony's barely kicked off anything with the PS3. All PS4 talk right now is unnecessary and flippant.
#4 Posted by septemberluc (2006 posts) -
Actually, there was a discussion earlier on this very forum about the PS4. Apparently, it's being developed by none other than Gotham's own caped crusader.... Batman.
#5 Posted by soren008 (2181 posts) -
ahh don't say that ... just spent ages saving up for PS3, and that hasn't even begun yet ..
#6 Posted by bsman00 (6038 posts) -

yeah they are and here is the new controller!

#7 Posted by septemberluc (2006 posts) -

bsman00

Which button will I push to jump?
#8 Posted by StewieZim101 (1081 posts) -

It'll come out

In about 2012.

#9 Posted by kenshinhimura16 (7009 posts) -
Even if it is a rumor, it is most likely true. In 2010 PS3 will be 4 years old, that means that 2-3 years later the new gen has to be released, so it wouldnt surprise me if in 2010 they start working on the concepts.
#10 Posted by ChiSoxBombers (3701 posts) -
yes eventually a ps3 will come out...expect to see it in the next....8 years?
#11 Posted by StewieZim101 (1081 posts) -

yes eventually a ps3 will come out...expect to see it in the next....8 years?ChiSoxBombers

Then what's that thing in my room, unless I imagined the past year.

#12 Posted by polishkid99 (4021 posts) -
didnt they start development on a ps2 when the ps1 came out?... and the ps4 should come out around 2012
#13 Posted by NuKkU (16905 posts) -

Actually, there was a discussion earlier on this very forum about the PS4. Apparently, it's being developed by none other than Gotham's own caped crusader.... Batman.
septemberluc

lol i saw that topic

#14 Posted by NuKkU (16905 posts) -
[QUOTE="bsman00"]

septemberluc

forget the buttons that controller would be very uncomfortable :D

#15 Posted by polishkid99 (4021 posts) -
[QUOTE="septemberluc"][QUOTE="bsman00"]

NuKkU

how are u supposed to hold it?.. theres those stupid shoulder buttons everywhere...

#16 Posted by NuKkU (16905 posts) -
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="septemberluc"][QUOTE="bsman00"]

polishkid99

how are u supposed to hold it?.. theres those stupid shoulder buttons everywhere...

Good Question????

#17 Posted by ChiSoxBombers (3701 posts) -

yes eventually a ps3 will come out...expect to see it in the next....8 years?ChiSoxBombers

edit: ps4

#18 Posted by NuKkU (16905 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChiSoxBombers"]yes eventually a ps3 will come out...expect to see it in the next....8 years?ChiSoxBombers

edit: ps4

you know u can edit it without putting another post

#19 Posted by Myzz617 (2026 posts) -

It'll come out

In about 2012.

StewieZim101

Then when i launches we will all be dead from nuclear warfare and Osama and GWB will be the only ones playing lmfao

#20 Posted by gusnitro (355 posts) -
ps4? already? damn. way too soon.
#21 Posted by alwayspureblood (872 posts) -
Why would anyone want a PS4, now? We have barely seen what the PS3 is capable of yet, I don't want to see a new playstation until sometime after 2015 and above.
#22 Posted by comeon123987 (118 posts) -
looking at the rate ps have come out it looks like every 6 years

Photobucket

Photobucket

#23 Posted by polishkid99 (4021 posts) -
ya it just feals like it will come out soon... but it will take a while...
#24 Posted by MYDMHD (110 posts) -
[QUOTE="polishkid99"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="septemberluc"][QUOTE="bsman00"]

NuKkU

Good Question????

what does the infinity button do?:)

#25 Posted by SollidSnake_ (2991 posts) -
lol at this.
#26 Posted by NuKkU (16905 posts) -
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="polishkid99"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="septemberluc"][QUOTE="bsman00"]

MYDMHD

Good Question????

the cheat button thats where u put on cheats :)

#27 Posted by jshaas (2409 posts) -
Aside from the rediculously funny controller, you guys are all way off! IF you saw the E3 press conference then you would know that Sony expects the PS3 to last at least 10 years. In case you're not good at math, that means we shouldn't see a new console from Sony until 2016.
#28 Posted by JustinCredible_ (46 posts) -
way 2 early 2 bring PS4 up but a PS4 will be released anytime between 2010 to 2014.
#29 Posted by monkeyboss1 (39 posts) -
[QUOTE="MYDMHD"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="polishkid99"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="septemberluc"][QUOTE="bsman00"]

NuKkU

Good Question????

Does it vibrate???

#30 Posted by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -
what do you mean PS4 ? they didnt even start a thing with ps3 :|
#31 Posted by ChiSoxBombers (3701 posts) -

Aside from the rediculously funny controller, you guys are all way off! IF you saw the E3 press conference then you would know that Sony expects the PS3 to last at least 10 years. In case you're not good at math, that means we shouldn't see a new console from Sony until 2016.jshaas

Right but ps3 came out 6 years after ps2 was released...not seeing 10 there...it just means they'll give it 10 years of thoughtfulness and support, like they're giving the ps2 too much showtime at e3 when they should just shove the past up their a**es.

#32 Posted by NuKkU (16905 posts) -
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="MYDMHD"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="polishkid99"][QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="septemberluc"][QUOTE="bsman00"]

monkeyboss1

Good Question????

Does it vibrate???

yup it has extra vibrations

#33 Posted by oldscratch82 (168 posts) -

After getting the living crap beat out of them in this generation I doubt they will make a ps4..I see the ps3 fading out over the next 2 years..if not 1 year.

#34 Posted by EvilStealth64 (984 posts) -

Why would anyone want a PS4, now? We have barely seen what the PS3 is capable of yet, I don't want to see a new playstation until sometime after 2015 and above.alwayspureblood

yeah, idk what these idiots are talking about....a PS4 will not come out untill after 2015..maybe 2014...if there is any new console coming out before 2012 it will be an Xbox 720

#35 Posted by MrPoo6321 (767 posts) -
I believe at the Sony Press Conference it was mentioned that the PS3 was intended to have a lifespan 10 years, but I bet it will be longer than that considering the PS2 is still making a bunch of money.
#36 Posted by MrPoo6321 (767 posts) -
And the world is going to end in 2012, so there's not really much point in speculating about it.
#37 Posted by jshaas (2409 posts) -

[QUOTE="jshaas"]Aside from the rediculously funny controller, you guys are all way off! IF you saw the E3 press conference then you would know that Sony expects the PS3 to last at least 10 years. In case you're not good at math, that means we shouldn't see a new console from Sony until 2016.ChiSoxBombers

Right but ps3 came out 6 years after ps2 was released...not seeing 10 there...it just means they'll give it 10 years of thoughtfulness and support, like they're giving the ps2 too much showtime at e3 when they should just shove the past up their a**es.

Yes, and as I remember we're talking about the PS3 not the PS2!

#38 Posted by Star650 (4572 posts) -
No one should even start talking about the next PS console while we are still in the early lifespan of the PS3.
#39 Posted by gera34 (343 posts) -

i have heard rumors about sony starting to build a ps4 at 2010 to realese a few years later...is this true?

michelle3g
#40 Posted by calandbolg (441 posts) -
Ps4 is inevitable, but we will need to wait a lot for it.
#41 Posted by johnlennon28 (2158 posts) -

bsman00

I find this controller creepy and disgusting for sum reason, lol

#42 Posted by kweeni (10900 posts) -

a ps4 alreddy??? HELL NO! i still need to save up for my ps3 u kno :)

anyways i dont think we will see another ps console till atleast 2012, ps3 still needs to show off himself so a ps4 is way to early right now

#43 Posted by TheSonOfUgly (1483 posts) -
The Ps3 still has yet to be profitable, we'll have to wait till after the debt has been at least payed off. Last time i saw the PS3 was down 3 billion dollars
#44 Posted by sirpopsalot (1197 posts) -

[QUOTE="jshaas"]Aside from the rediculously funny controller, you guys are all way off! IF you saw the E3 press conference then you would know that Sony expects the PS3 to last at least 10 years. In case you're not good at math, that means we shouldn't see a new console from Sony until 2016.ChiSoxBombers

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/hirai-forecasts-10-year-life-cycle-for-playstation-3
#45 Posted by mutill (458 posts) -
[QUOTE="bsman00"]

johnlennon28

I know, it resembles a male's reproductive organ with herpes. No kidding.

#46 Posted by NYrockinlegend (2024 posts) -
I don't see how they could do it now. They used the latest technology: Hi-def, Wi-fi, and other things. I just don't see what they can do to improve the experience as of now. When technology advances, that's when it will happen, and that won't be for a LONG time! 10 years?! That'd be freakin' sweet, no more saving up alot of money for the latest console, and more time to play games online, hopefully!
#47 Posted by NYrockinlegend (2024 posts) -
[QUOTE="johnlennon28"][QUOTE="bsman00"]

mutill

I know, it resembles a male's reproductive organ with herpes. No kidding.

Care to explain what EVERY button on that controller does??? LOL!

#48 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -
2011-2012 seems the most likely. It definitely won't be 2016. :P
#49 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/hirai-forecasts-10-year-life-cycle-for-playstation-3 sirpopsalot
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ps2-celebrates-seventh-anniversary

"PlayStation 2 is a perfect example of our ten year product lifecycle promise and is a testament to the design and technology that continues to be at the core of the product. While today's anniversary celebrates PlayStation 2' past, we're very excited for its future."

SCEA is still committed to a 10-year product lifecycle for the console, with 160 new titles expected in North America throughout the holidays and by the end of March 2008. Currently, there are more than 1,400 titles in the PS2's software library.

And they reiterated this point at the E3 conference. So obviously ten years does NOT mean it can't be replaced in that time.

#50 Posted by evsondey (126 posts) -
Sony has already said that ps3 will have 10 year life cycle but this doesnt mean that ps4 cant cum out somewhere during that time period. At the least p4 will come out 5 year after ps3 so i would guess ps4 comes out around 2012.