PS4 Bricked. Gamestop Return Policy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

v1c1ousmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 v1c1ousmike
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

So unfortunately my PS4 has been acting like crap since I started using it yesterday. And every lobby of every game I was playing in either had someone with an aimbot or some other kinda bs hack. I got on today and my blu ray drive started screeching and broke my BF4 disc as there is a small crack in it now. I took it out and sat back down and within a few seconds the screen froze, couldn't use the ps home button or anything. So I had to manually unplug the console, turned it back on and it went into safe mode then reset like it's supposed to do. Once it rebooted it froze again and now it will not even boot up at all. (thanks for reading this part)

That being said I want to just take this thing back to Gamestop and get a refund as I have no desire to get another console after this. Atleast not for a few months until they fix this garbage. What is their return policy? Obviously a defective product so I would assume I would be able to get my money back, right? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Only 6 posts?

v1c1ousmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 v1c1ousmike

That's what I was wondering because I haven't even posted anything until today. Anyway that's not the point lol Im just trying to find out if I can even take this damn thing back or not. Playstation community forums already deleted the thread I had there, guess they didn't like that mine broke and I'm trying to return it? I dunno. Loved playing it while it lasted though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

maybe ask gamestop, otherwise this smells trollish

v1c1ousmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By v1c1ousmike

I have no reason to 'troll'. My landline is down and has been for over a week and the nearest Gamestop is 28 miles from my house. I just don't want to waste my gas if they just tell me im stuck with it or something.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

My Gamestop told me they have a 30 day warranty.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

For real man. Its printed on the front of the receipt.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I am just amazed how all these posters who never ever been on this board before suddenly created an account on the 15th and want to make an appearance about their "broken PS4". You forget to mention that the PS4 started to laugh at you, caught fire and spat discs at you.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Gamestops are tricky, and best to be avoided with high dollar items, because you are completely at the mercy of the manager. Go in and demand a refund, but you will most likely be receiving store credit. So next week wait in line for a xb and start pulling your hair out when you realize it has the same sweatshop build quality.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@v1c1ousmike said:

I have no reason to 'troll'. My landline is down and has been for over a week and the nearest Gamestop is 28 miles from my house. I just don't want to waste my gas if they just tell me im stuck with it or something.

See I don't know if you made an account just because you're going to start trouble or if you're one of those people who are unable to do anything for themselves and rely on the pity of others.

How does having a landline down prevent you from looking this up?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

Doddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Doddie
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts

1 ps 4 causing problems and that is the reason to dis the product. Get real, any product has defective problems in a small sampling. Take it back and get another. If GS won't take it back, next time go to a store that has a refund or return policy.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

My GameStop simply told me, "You can return your item if you'd like, but if you're looking into exchanging, a credit will be placed on a GS card until we recieve shipments." ...So yeah you should be good. I still smell troll cologne on you though o_O

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@BH14 said:

Only 6 posts?

lol...I know man, I don't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for the guy. What some people won't do for attention....

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@v1c1ousmike said:

Hahahahahahah, I'm sorry man...continue! :)

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Ok, so I need to get something off my chest here. Guys, please do not accuse everyone who has a new account of trolling or FUDD. Ok? I've even seen people who are established posters accused like this. I've been accused like this. I got a Wii U on launch day last year and it broke on me three days later. I posted about it here on GS and was immediately accused of being a troll, was told to take pics of it not working or a video, post my receipt, etc.

It was infuriating.

So please, just give people the benefit of the doubt. If you see overt trolling, report it and move on. If you think they are trolling, but can't prove it, (most every reply to this thread) keep it to yourself and just move on. It's just one thread, it won't kill you to not respond to it.

To the thread creator, if you have the receipt, just take it back and tell them what happened. When my Wii U broke I took it right back and got another one, though given the supply issues at retail you may need to wait or go through Sony itself. You should check out Playstation.com and ask around there about what your options are going that route.