PS3>TV tuner>Laptop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Anthony9000 (2173 posts) -
Ok, so i have an HP laptop,a TV Tuner that came with it (it says on it: ''HP Dual TV Tuner/ Digital Video Recorder''), a whole bunch of wires that came with that too, and ofcourse a PS3. Could i possibly hook up these things up and use my laptop as a TV (for my ps3)? My laptop is an HP Pavillion zd8000 and all help is appreciated-It has windows XP.
#2 Posted by wilko1971 (299 posts) -
You can use a media server, Tversity, Nero 7 or even media player 11. Then you will just have to fiddle around with the settings
#3 Posted by mbrockway (3494 posts) -
You can but it will look horrible. It won't be HD, it will be a crappy and very stretched out 480i.
#4 Posted by DWolford32 (525 posts) -
i bet there are other inputs because with the right inputs it will be ok but i seriously reccomend looking at a hd tv, you can get some lcd at like 20 inches for like $200 so if you have some cash you might want to check that out.
#5 Posted by Anthony9000 (2173 posts) -

i bet there are other inputs because with the right inputs it will be ok but i seriously reccomend looking at a hd tv, you can get some lcd at like 20 inches for like $200 so if you have some cash you might want to check that out.DWolford32

o ya...i forgot to mention this is just temporary (3-4 months or so)

#6 Posted by DWolford32 (525 posts) -
oh ok yea it will look decent but nothing like a hdtv unless the laptop has a killer screen. check the resolution of the screen because that will tell you the quality. and i am not sure how to use the tv tuner with a ps3 and i don't know if it is possible
#7 Posted by Anthony9000 (2173 posts) -

oh ok yea it will look decent but nothing like a hdtv unless the laptop has a killer screen. check the resolution of the screen because that will tell you the quality. and i am not sure how to use the tv tuner with a ps3 and i don't know if it is possibleDWolford32

yeh...i'm not sure howi could hook it up....i've been looking at the cords but it may not work

#8 Posted by Anthony9000 (2173 posts) -
bump, i tried using my ps2 (it was quicker) with my TV Tuner and TVersity but it doesn't seem to work....can anyone help me?