PS3 won't turn on! (not YLOD?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Islandkid94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Islandkid94
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hey guys, some help would be very much appreciated on this. Basically my ps3 fat wo't turn on at all. It's on standby and then when i go to press the on button it doesnt react. nothing at all happens, as if my finger didnt even touch it. I tried turning it on with my playstation controller pluggged in to no avail. What does this mean? is my ps3 completely toast? Note: Occasionally the eject button will recognize my finger at which point the console beeps and then the standby light just goes black, making it seem the console is completely off even when the switch at the back is on.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

You're telling us it doesn't work and expect us to tell you how to fix it. Calling SCEA would be more effective and you also can google your issue.

Islandkid94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Islandkid94
thanks bro! real helpful
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Why don't you help yourself? Because joining a random game site on the off chance someone can help you is about the biggest waste of time versus just calling Sony outright and find out from THE PEOPLE THAT BUILT THE SYSTEM have to say about it. But no, you keep waiting hitting "Refresh" and hoping against hope. That's the smart move.
RFmyrddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 RFmyrddin
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
When my Windows crash, I call Microsoft... When my speaker makes weird sound, I call Logitech right away... IDK where you're going with this answer. Anyway... For the record, I would guess the power supply is faulty.
Islandkid94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Islandkid94
just thought maybe someone else who plays playstation might have this problem.. if i knew people would be so irked by it i wouldnt have asked. jeesh
Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

People still have fat PS3s? Didn't they all die?:D

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Call Sony

800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)

RFmyrddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 RFmyrddin
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
just thought maybe someone else who plays playstation might have this problem.. if i knew people would be so irked by it i wouldnt have asked. jeeshIslandkid94
Hey, my answer wasn't agains't you. Was more an ironic reply... I also don't understand what is going on with those angry reply...Guys, if you feel the question is a nonsense, why don't you go make a ride on another thread?
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Its a simple fault with the touch sensitive power button, I have a fat 80GB PS3 as well, and the button isn't sensitive at all now.

Ive only used it 2-3 times in 4yrs, I use the controller to turn off/on, the eject button is fine, just the power, try press it a little harder, thats what i do if the PS3 ever freezes.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Its gone sorry mate nothing to do with the sensitive thingy I've had mine since launch and I still use the main button, but this happened to my brothers just one day it cut off and went on standby and never came on exactly like yours, your best bet is byba new one yoou can pick them up pretty cheap how's days, sorry mate but its gonna

MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

just thought maybe someone else who plays playstation might have this problem.. if i knew people would be so irked by it i wouldnt have asked. jeeshIslandkid94

Yeah i see this more and more everyday. I think they should put a disclaimer or something in the forum description that asking for help is not advised.

I feel you man... If I don't know how to help (which i really dont) I would just not reply instead of posting some snarky ignorant reply. The internet breeds douchebags.

As for your problem...your best bet is to call Sony and hope that you have some kind of warranty in place.

Good luck

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Try going through their troubleshooter Have you tried unplugging the console, maybe overnight, plugging it back in and trying to boot it up?