PS3 won't read MGS4!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Gunslinger_ (427 posts) -

I just bought MGS4 a few hours ago only to find that my PS3 won't read the disc! The disc booting icon appears in the top right, but the disc icon never appears under GAME. My PS3 will still read my other games though. Anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution? Any help is appreciated.

#2 Posted by NSR34GTR (13179 posts) -
return it to the store
#3 Posted by The_Gunslinger_ (427 posts) -
I did! I've done a system restore, disconnected cables, let it sit, reconnected cables and anything else I could think of. I don't think the odds that I can get two defective MGS4 discs in a row are very high.
#4 Posted by jmper4 (956 posts) -

I did! I've done a system restore, disconnected cables, let it sit, reconnected cables and anything else I could think of. I don't think the odds that I can get two defective MGS4 discs in a row are very high. The_Gunslinger_

It is also usual that the error occurs in production batches. Thus the same store would receive the same production batch. Ask the store if more have been returned besides yours.

#5 Posted by The_Gunslinger_ (427 posts) -

I told the Gamestop employee what happened when I get my 2nd copy and he said that one person had returned a copy for not being able to connect online. I'll try again in a little bit and if it still doesn't work, I'll head back over there. It's just so frustrating! I was so excited to finally play MGS4 and I get shafted, argh......

#6 Posted by jakndaxter7223 (2101 posts) -

I just bought MGS4 a few hours ago only to find that my PS3 won't read the disc! The disc booting icon appears in the top right, but the disc icon never appears under GAME. My PS3 will still read my other games though. Anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution? Any help is appreciated.

The_Gunslinger_

****! the same thing happened to me like 2 days ago. That little swirl is on the top right, but then the disc picture never shows up underneath game.

#7 Posted by --Sinister-- (3136 posts) -

Woah...

Hate to be a jerk...

But Im gonna go play my version of MGS4 now.

#8 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -

I told the Gamestop employee what happened when I get my 2nd copy and he said that one person had returned a copy for not being able to connect online. I'll try again in a little bit and if it still doesn't work, I'll head back over there. It's just so frustrating! I was so excited to finally play MGS4 and I get shafted, argh......

The_Gunslinger_

Yeah, since the employee told you that happen to another customer, it be safe to say it's probably something wrong w/ that store's batch of MGS4 games that were shipped to them.

#9 Posted by The_Gunslinger_ (427 posts) -

Woah...

Hate to be a jerk...

--Sinister--

I will dream of killing you. And taking your MGS4.

#10 Posted by The_Gunslinger_ (427 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Gunslinger_"]

PumpkinBoogie

Yeah, since the employee told you that happen to another customer, it be safe to say it's probably something wrong w/ that store's batch of MGS4 games that were shipped to them.

Hopefully I can get lucky and get a working copy this time.

#11 Posted by The_Gunslinger_ (427 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Gunslinger_"]

jakndaxter7223

****! the same thing happened to me like 2 days ago. That little swirl is on the top right, but then the disc picture never shows up underneath game.

Did it end up working?

#12 Posted by jakndaxter7223 (2101 posts) -
[QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"][QUOTE="The_Gunslinger_"]

The_Gunslinger_

Did it end up working?

nope it never worked, so I'm taking my ps3 in and getting a new one because the disc worked on my friends ps3 perfectly.

#13 Posted by smeags11 (4045 posts) -
this happened to me once too so I just wiped the disc and it worked fine after
#14 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -
[QUOTE="--Sinister--"]

Woah...

Hate to be a jerk...

The_Gunslinger_

LOL.....I just couldn't hold that in anymore! xD

....please don't come and get me, I swear I wasn't laughin' at your situation--just what you SAID...:lol:

#15 Posted by The_Gunslinger_ (427 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Gunslinger_"][QUOTE="jakndaxter7223"][QUOTE="The_Gunslinger_"]

jakndaxter7223

Did it end up working?

nope it never worked, so I'm taking my ps3 in and getting a new one because the disc worked on my friends ps3 perfectly.

Crap. You have the 60 gb version too? It seems like we're in the same boat. Ugh......

#16 Posted by The_Gunslinger_ (427 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Gunslinger_"][QUOTE="--Sinister--"]

Woah...

Hate to be a jerk...

PumpkinBoogie

LOL.....I just couldn't hold that in anymore! xD

....please don't come and get me, I swear I wasn't laughin' at your situation--just what you SAID...:lol:

Thank...you? I'm going to go cry over my unplayable copy of MGS4 now.