ps3 wont go back to normal tv settings ive tried everything plz help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dman2815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 dman2815
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i had my ps3 pluged in to a hdtv and i knew i was going to my house off island witch has a non hdtv tv and so i pluged in the av cables and switched the setting back to a normal tv so i brought it to my house off island hooked it up and the screen is just black and i couldnt hear any thing so i bring it down staris and hooked it up to my parents hdtv change the settings again hook it back up with the av cables again and still screen stays black so i tryed the hold down the power button trick a million times still doesnt work. i even tryed on a differnt non hd tv still screen stays black i know its not the cables because they worked befor and i know its not the tv and i know i changed the settings right so it must be the ps3 can anybody help me plz? i am pretty damn computer and video game system smart
PhiliEagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 PhiliEagles
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
I think you're supposed to hold the power button for a while and the display settings will restart.Hold it longer than you would to turn off the system.And if that doesn't work than I don't know what will.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

I think you're supposed to hold the power button for a while and the display settings will restart.Hold it longer than you would to turn off the system.And if that doesn't work than I don't know what will.PhiliEagles

That should work .. if it doesn't check your cables connections .. but I'm pretty much one hundred percent sure that will work ..

sincgar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sincgar1
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts
stupid question, but... after you plug in the regular composite cables, and you make the switch to the av out etc... do you turn your tv to the setting for the av cables and click "agree to keep these settings" within the 30second time period or do you just make the switch while the hdmi cables are plugged in and just assume that's all there is to it? only asking cause i made that mistake my first time as well. you also have to set the sound to the av out, which you do after you agree to keep the av settings for your video
savinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 savinger
Member since 2007 • 1309 Posts
You are making it harder than it has to be. When turning on the ps3, if you continue to hold the power button for four seconds it will beep and reset the video settings to default.
iCondemned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 iCondemned
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Make sure the off button isn't OFF!
Avatar image for UnknownPerson55
UnknownPerson55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UnknownPerson55
Member since 2004 • 1232 Posts

With your PS3 off
hold your power button on the PS3
wait for it to turn on with your finger still on the power button
wait for the PS3 to turn off
turn on PS3 normally

This causes an auto configuration where your PS3 senses what cables are plugged in

^im a dork, i no :P

and if that doesnt work, idk, youre systems screwed

dman2815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dman2815
thanks for the posts every one i know u have 2 hold down the power button for about 12 secs but it turns out that wasnt the problem it was the AV conection i have to jam the av cord connecter in and hold it for a few seconds and if i move the system then it comes undone
T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts
thanks for the posts every one i know u have 2 hold down the power button for about 12 secs but it turns out that wasnt the problem it was the AV conection i have to jam the av cord connecter in and hold it for a few seconds and if i move the system then it comes undonedman2815
Clean your connectors. That may help.
Shridz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shridz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

on ur hdtv connect both the the hdmi and the av cables.

go to the settings and chose display settings.

then there change it to av cable setting and go to the input on the tv and confirm it. your done

bloodshot191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bloodshot191
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

all u have to do is reset the system to the default settings

dman2815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dman2815
i will try cleaning it but i think its just that cord got bent or is loose. it doesnt matter 2 much in two days i will be home and then its back to HD gameing on my 32inch vizo. once again thanks to every body who wasted there time trying 2 help me
mikereeves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mikereeves89
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
To all the people who said "Hold the power button" l2read the orginal text. it does say it didnt work. Wat u do is but it back on the HD tv then go to settings and reset to default settings. then click no on use hdmi settings. and then back on the normal tv works fine.
lochru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lochru
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Thanks to those that gave the right answer to this question of holding down the power button, I had hooked up my PS3 on HDMI while at another location and this saved me a lot of hassle of trying to go back and move my system around when it wasn't needed.