PS3 won't eject disc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BoxingTheStars (1241 posts) -

My ps3 won't eject the disc that is in it every time i try it makes a loud clicking sound and wont come out. I've tried doing the force ejection is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?

P.S. the disk that is stuck in there is a dvd so i cant even play the one disc that is stuck in there!

#2 Posted by david_lck (3198 posts) -
I am having the same problem as well, it only ejects when I keep pressing the eject button periodically. Did you try going to the game tab and select eject disc from there (i.e. hit the triangle button)? Apparently its cause by a misaligned disc tray.
#3 Posted by BoxingTheStars (1241 posts) -

I am having the same problem as well, it only ejects when I keep pressing the eject button periodically. Did you try going to the game tab and select eject disc from there (i.e. hit the triangle button)? Apparently its cause by a misaligned disc tray. david_lck

nope that didnt work either

#4 Posted by MURDA_B (2879 posts) -

try turning the ps3 off while holding the eject button then turn it back on while still holding the eject button.

#5 Posted by _SOULtoSQUEEZE_ (1495 posts) -

Try throwing it against the wall

#6 Posted by -Hoax- (5331 posts) -
You might have to open your PS3 up.
#7 Posted by NamelessJay (3082 posts) -

It obviously just want you to play whatever is inside.

#8 Posted by francool08 (2 posts) -

Service it : ask Playstation to send you a box and they will fic your PS3 up. If it's still on the one year warranty, it will be free. If not, you will throw bucks away.

#9 Posted by dr_octagon (625 posts) -

Try throwing it against the wall

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

LMAO :lol:

#10 Posted by RTUUMM (4132 posts) -

Try doing the "fan test". The fan test is not actually made to test for fan, it was actually put there to force out diskout the drive

#11 Posted by AgentZero225 (1718 posts) -

Call Sony thats the logical thing to do

#12 Posted by DontGoAwayMad (35 posts) -
Im not sure if opening up your ps3 will do anything. ive never seen the inside of a disk drive or anything. you might be able to get it out that way. so the best answer for you: within one year of purchase of a NEW ps3 system, sony's warranty, they will fix it for you and give you your game or w/e back. otherwise,.. i mean this didnt work or me but get tweezers. theres still a Friends season 4 disc 2 stuck in my ps3 that ylod'd xP
#13 Posted by Jinroh_basic (6413 posts) -

holy ****.... a PS3 constipation..... never thought this could happen, but it sure is a serious problem. :o

#14 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
here's what you do..get a small tweezer and put in in the disc tray so you can get a hold of the dvd. then press the eject button and at the same time pull the dvd out with the tweezer.
#15 Posted by spanky3584 (14 posts) -

i used a paper clip when there was a disk stuck in my ps3. just straighten out the clip make a hook on one of the ends and try to hook the disk and pull it out

#16 Posted by gamer082009 (6679 posts) -
Wow, I hope my Slim never has this problem. What the heck causes this anyways, anyone know?
#17 Posted by Deaho (949 posts) -

this is just the mechanism of the cd-rom,if you not a fraid to open your ps3 ,look on youtube and you will find out how to the solve the problem,but be very careful with the cd-rom because this is the worst thing inside the system,and you will find all the people on youtube suffering from it.

#18 Posted by tigertechie (1951 posts) -
Shout at it.
#19 Posted by frackit (1 posts) -
My girlfriend had one stuck on the other and put both in at the same time. They won't eject at first, then I used the power button and held the eject button as it powered up. They finelly ejected, So I guess she figured out you can only put one cd in at a time. DUH !!!!!!!
#20 Posted by jack00 (3556 posts) -
It would help if you gave us your ps3 model, with the slim you can eject it by opening the little plate under the ps3. if you have a 40GB model or models that came after that, switch off the power and hold the eject botton while turning it in on. If you have a 60GB or previews model you're gonna have to open it up.
#21 Posted by Reptylus (1875 posts) -

I had a disc stuck, too someday. Because I tried putting in another disc and forgot the one that was in it I bended something. I managed to fix it buying poking around with a DS touchpen. (Nintendo saved me from having to use Nintendo products for awhile. Ironic, isn't it?)

I wouldn't recommend this technique though. It could backfire.

#22 Posted by _SOULtoSQUEEZE_ (1495 posts) -

uhh i think the guy has probably fixed the problem by now, it being like 8 months after he asked the question and all lol.