ps3 turns green then yellow then blinks red fixable? (left in car)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

no0odlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 no0odlez
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
so guys my ps3 worked perfectly up untill i decided to move my ps3 from one house to another.... but my lazy ass left the ps3 in the back seat of my car for 4 days.... i live in flordia and my car was parked out in the sun... so no doubt it got hot in there... so now when i try to turn on my ps3.... it turns green for a second....then yellow for half a second then blinks red continuiously untill i turn it off... im pretty sure my ps3 is not working because i left itin my car...but is anyone else having this problem (not cooking the ps3 in the car?) do you know if it is fixable? or should i just go get another ps3?
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

so guys my ps3 worked perfectly up untill i decided to move my ps3 from one house to another.... but my lazy ass left the ps3 in the back seat of my car for 4 days.... i live in flordia and my car was parked out in the sun... so no doubt it got hot in there... so now when i try to turn on my ps3.... it turns green for a second....then yellow for half a second then blinks red continuiously untill i turn it off... im pretty sure my ps3 is not working because i left itin my car...but is anyone else having this problem (not cooking the ps3 in the car?) do you know if it is fixable? or should i just go get another ps3? no0odlez

I'd sit it in a nice, cool, dry place for a few days and then try it again. It may have built up somemoisture, or because it's black, it got too hot and needs some time to cool down.

kingsaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kingsaj
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts
YOu got the yellow light of death or w/e its like x-box's red rings so ur PS3 is toast get it cuz it wuz baking in the car no but seriously its done i think u have to send it in to SONY or w/e sorry man
Avatar image for blue_demon_dude
blue_demon_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 blue_demon_dude
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts

same thing happened to me. (not the car part)

Hate to say it man, but your ps3 is screwed. You gotta send it back to Sony and wait for a new one

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

yup its the ylod..just give sony a call up

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
If its still under the 1yr warranty you'll be fine if you've had it longer, then its $150. You left a $500 machine in your car... Um... you know what, never mind.