ps3 turns green then yellow then blinks red fixable? (left in car)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by no0odlez (1 posts) -
so guys my ps3 worked perfectly up untill i decided to move my ps3 from one house to another.... but my lazy ass left the ps3 in the back seat of my car for 4 days.... i live in flordia and my car was parked out in the sun... so no doubt it got hot in there... so now when i try to turn on my ps3.... it turns green for a second....then yellow for half a second then blinks red continuiously untill i turn it off... im pretty sure my ps3 is not working because i left itin my car...but is anyone else having this problem (not cooking the ps3 in the car?) do you know if it is fixable? or should i just go get another ps3?
#2 Posted by Eddie5vs1 (6085 posts) -

so guys my ps3 worked perfectly up untill i decided to move my ps3 from one house to another.... but my lazy ass left the ps3 in the back seat of my car for 4 days.... i live in flordia and my car was parked out in the sun... so no doubt it got hot in there... so now when i try to turn on my ps3.... it turns green for a second....then yellow for half a second then blinks red continuiously untill i turn it off... im pretty sure my ps3 is not working because i left itin my car...but is anyone else having this problem (not cooking the ps3 in the car?) do you know if it is fixable? or should i just go get another ps3? no0odlez

I'd sit it in a nice, cool, dry place for a few days and then try it again. It may have built up somemoisture, or because it's black, it got too hot and needs some time to cool down.

#3 Posted by kingsaj (241 posts) -
YOu got the yellow light of death or w/e its like x-box's red rings so ur PS3 is toast get it cuz it wuz baking in the car no but seriously its done i think u have to send it in to SONY or w/e sorry man
#4 Posted by blue_demon_dude (78 posts) -

same thing happened to me. (not the car part)

Hate to say it man, but your ps3 is screwed. You gotta send it back to Sony and wait for a new one

#5 Posted by MURDA_B (2879 posts) -

yup its the ylod..just give sony a call up

#6 Posted by YoungSinatra25 (4314 posts) -
If its still under the 1yr warranty you'll be fine if you've had it longer, then its $150. You left a $500 machine in your car... Um... you know what, never mind.