This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by patrickthegreat (4 posts) -

I have searched for a post on this, but couldn't find one, so I apologize if this is a dup...

I am trying to do a system backup and everything will transfer except my saved game files!! It takes forever when I have to do each file one-by-one! Anyone have an idea why this would be happening, and how to resolve this??

Thanks!

#2 Posted by fede_pyro (124 posts) -

Are you changing hard drive??, i made a back up from the old hdd and then restored it into the new
one (i made the back up with a WD PASSPORT ESSENTIAL 250GB) and when
i restored the files into the new hdd nothing was lost, everything was there(even the copy protected files like
the resident evil 5 save game)
except for the trophies (the only thing you have to do it's sign in into the psn and
press triangle on the trophies icon and select sync trophies (or something like that)
i made this on the 2.76 firmware.

NOTE THAT YOU MUST RESTORE INTO THE SAME PS3 SYSTEM THAT YOU MADE THE BACK UP
if you're not doning that, maybe that it's what makes the problem, hope this help

#3 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
All my backups have always saved everything.
#4 Posted by The_Uber_Diablo (601 posts) -
if your getting a new ps3 and your trying to do a system backup on everything more so the copy protected save files off the original ps3 to transfer to the new ps3 . . . is it possible?
#5 Posted by fede_pyro (124 posts) -

if your getting a new ps3 and your trying to do a system backup on everything more so the copy protected save files off the original ps3 to transfer to the new ps3 . . . is it possible?The_Uber_Diablo
nope it must be in the same ps3 system...if not some files cannot be
restored...

#6 Posted by The_Uber_Diablo (601 posts) -
that sucks
#7 Posted by Freebird8877 (3407 posts) -
That's odd.
#8 Posted by The_Uber_Diablo (601 posts) -
what is odd?