PS3 still can stick 2-3 years max

#1 Posted by capcomchen (203 posts) -

So many old games and future upcoming games for PS3 and I don't see significant graphic improvement on PS4 games compare to PS3 Uncharted 3 or other PS3 top games. PS4 doesn't have enough exclusive game. most of PS4 games can be played by PS3 360 and PC. so I'll wait before 2016 christmas to buy PS4.

#2 Posted by GTR12 (9817 posts) -

Ok

#3 Edited by SoNin360 (5570 posts) -

Well, I'm not going to wait that long lol, even though I've held off from buying one just fine so far. We'll probably see less and less support for the PS3 as we head into 2015, and by 2016 it will probably just be sports games and Call of Duty coming to PS3. That's great to see some continued support for the PS3, but it will be time for most developers to move on from it soon. But it's not like there isn't a massive library to go through if you plan on sticking to the PS3 for that long.

#4 Posted by BH14 (1717 posts) -

@capcomchen said:

So many old games and future upcoming games for PS3 and I don't see significant graphic improvement on PS4 games compare to PS3 Uncharted 3 or other PS3 top games. PS4 doesn't have enough exclusive game. most of PS4 games can be played by PS3 360 and PC. so I'll wait before 2016 christmas to buy PS4.

I think you are stretching it when you say 2-3 years. I still have a huge backlog if ps3 games so i could even wait longer. However i highly doubt the ps3 will be supported in 2-3 years with new games. If they just stopped making new ps3 games, i would be perfectly fine with that because of ps3 huge library of great games. Nothing wrong with playing older game..... As for the graphical comparison, the graphical improvements isnt the huge step like from earlier generations like going from ps1 to ps2.... the graphical improvements will be smaller when it goes from ps4 to ps5 as well. The eye could only see so much. You have to remember that this is year 1 for ps4. The ps3 graphics in year 1 pale in comparison as it gets older. Wait a while and see the true power of ps4 in the future.

#5 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Personal level I do not see why you feel the need to tell us this. Corporate level yes, sony has stated they will support the PS3 until 2016 which fits the 10 year life cycle format they espouse for their consoles. On a general level whether you upgrade or not with no BC I would not rush to get rid of the PS3 any time soon anyways.

#6 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8555 posts) -

2016 is 2 years away. Do u really wanna wait that long? I don't understand. U can still use a ps3 and get a ps4 if there are games u wanna play.

#7 Posted by Megavideogamer (5467 posts) -

Sony will support PS3 for 3 years. But after November 2016 the support should drop off. Sony will have kept is 10 year promise to support the PS3 for a full ten years. You can hold off buying a PS4 until Christmas of 2016 if you want.

Or you can buy one now and enjoy both if you wish. Just wait for a PS4 game that you really want and you will find a way to get a PS4 sooner than later.

#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73035 posts) -

@capcomchen said:

You do know that happend last gen aswell? Also PS3 has years of games in its library.

#9 Posted by BattleSpectre (6410 posts) -

Wait as long as you want, you'll be the only person missing out lol.

#10 Posted by MarcRecon (6000 posts) -

Well, if telling us this makes you feel better, by all means knock yourself out fella! lol

#11 Edited by blueboxdoctor (2398 posts) -

True about most games also being on PC, I have been trying to figure out which games to get on PC and which to get on PS4. There will probably be more exclusives next year but yeah, this is normal for the beginning of a console generation. Since you have a PC you're probably not missing out on much so waiting makes sense, and yeah, PS3 still has a lot of really good games and at great prices (I still find myself picking up a PS3 game I missed and am playing Dark Souls II and Disney Infinity on my PS3 as my PS4 waits for games).

#12 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

Great, thanks for sharing.

#13 Posted by Dogswithguns (10816 posts) -

I can wait... slimmer version less expensive even and more games by then.

#14 Posted by PS84651 (12 posts) -

Fascinating! I'll wait until I've paid off my current car before financing another. Oh and I picked my nose today. LOL!

#15 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@BattleSpectre: he also gets to miss out on all the working the kinks out tgat early adopters have to deal with. After last gen I will never buy a launch system again.

#16 Posted by BattleSpectre (6410 posts) -

@mattykovax said:

@BattleSpectre: he also gets to miss out on all the working the kinks out tgat early adopters have to deal with. After last gen I will never buy a launch system again.

Well done mate, I'm so proud of you.