Ps3 slim or super slim?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MatthewC23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MatthewC23
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Welp, my Ps3 broke and i'm planning of getting a new one just so i can play my favorite Ps3 games again, but im having trouble deciding weather i should get the slim or the super slim. What do you think and why?

Thanks for your answer.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I have the super slim after my original died and it feels like a flimsy cheap piece of crap. The disc cover is worse than the original PS1 and well pretty much any top loading console in history.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Definitely the slim. The super slim looks very cheap.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

The slim. Mine's still going strong almost 6 years later.

I heard and read the super slim had alot of problems.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I have a 750gb slim ps3 and a 500gb super slim ps3. Both working perfectly fine. They work exactly the same. Loud? No difference. Super slim ps3 is gonna run cooler, uses electricity, is more compact and probably more reliable especially with sliding door. Less moving parts that could possibly break down. I was hesitant to get the super slim but it looks nice and much better in person. I dont regret getting a super slim one bit.

I would definitely get a super slim ps3 over the slim ps3 for one major reason. I would never ever buy a used system. I want a brand new system with sony warranty. I will get used games but never used system. I got a super slim 500gb super slim for only $190 and that includes tax when super slims just came out for a month or so. Got assassins creed 3 bundle for $220 and sold the game for $30...... With black friday coming soon, there will be awesome deals for brand new super slim ps3. The keyword is BRAND NEW.... Not a used system with like 5 years and hundreds of hours of wear and tear already on it.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I didn´t have PS3 until last year, by the time I made my purchase I did have both from which to choose and I chose slim, why ? my other consoles ( Xbox, PS2 fat and Wii ) were placed under the screen so it was going to be really hard to insert the disc with a top loading console, in the Slim the disc is loaded by the front of the console. The consoles are no longer where they used to be, with the purchase of the PS4 I had a cabinet made for all of them but still, the front loading of the disc in all of them was part of the consideration. So which one is up to you, I do recommend you take in considereation on where is the console going to be placed.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If at all possible get the regular PS3 Slim. Avoid the SuperSlim. The superslim feels very cheaply constructed. My first Superslim died on me after 21 days. Plus the sliding door is a pain in that it opens way to easy. I trigger the opening but accident. Which results in the game being stopped.

So if you can find a regular PS3 Slim get that as they are better than superslim PS3 consoles.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

I have both, love em both... Super Slim quieter though.

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

slim, the build quality is decent i used to have one, i now have a super slim and the build quality is horrendous and the plastic cover on the top is the worst aspect feel so made in china plastic quality.