Ps3 slim HDD corrupted/Warranty/Fix question, please help :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dunk_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dunk_1000
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

hi guys,

had my ps3 since october last year, 320gb slim, was working fine but over the past couple of weeks if been getting these 'the hardisk/hardrive is corrupted and will be restored' messages when i log in.

i click to restore and it does, but as soon as its done it freezes or restarts and i can never get to my user n log in. so i do the turn it on and wait for the three beeps and restore default settings etc, and then get to all my stuff, backed it all up (thankfully) and i play a game and it just freezes/laggs.

i turn it off and the next time i go to play it the same thing happens over and over again.

seeing as though i backed up all my data, i did the format the ps3 thing, and im still having this problem unfortunately.

i really don't want to send it back to sony (after the 1 year is finished i got an extra 2 years from the place i bought it from)

this is my 2nd ps3 to have problems in around a year (the last being my 2 year old 40gb YLOD)

how can i fix this? what hardrive things do i have to fix or solve.

i would like a simple fix please, as im not good with technology when it gets to the point of taking it apart and using screwdrivers and that type of stuff, as seen on youtube.

all helpful input would be greatly appreciated.

THanksyou guys :)

mgfarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mgfarmer
Member since 2004 • 392 Posts
You could probably just swap out the HDD. You can find tutorials on youtube or just google on how to swap out ps3 HDD.
dunk_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dunk_1000
You could probably just swap out the HDD. You can find tutorials on youtube or just google on how to swap out ps3 HDD. mgfarmer
i was thinking that, but i heard if you do that then it means you are ineligable to claim ur warranty, and seeing as i spent an extra $80 getting the bonus 2 years i wanted to be sure before i did anything that could effect that. one of my mates knows how to do the HDD swap, do you think if i do that then all should be sweet? cos the problem dosnt seem to be like a YLOD or anything along those lines.
dunk_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dunk_1000

-

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
thats weird i had the same issue, and the reformat fixed mine. the loading took all day but after leaving it for several hours it finished, btw did you put your stuff that you backed up back onto the ps3? because i found that it was the backed up data making my ps3 corrupt so i had to start fresh and just copy the game saves and nothing else.
dunk_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dunk_1000
thats weird i had the same issue, and the reformat fixed mine. the loading took all day but after leaving it for several hours it finished, btw did you put your stuff that you backed up back onto the ps3? because i found that it was the backed up data making my ps3 corrupt so i had to start fresh and just copy the game saves and nothing else. crashndash
ohokayy, yeah i fromatted the ps3 then used the 'cloud saves' as well as my usb to put saves back but before i could finish it froze and the whole process started all over again. so are you saying i should just reformat it but start the games all over again, cos it wouldnt be that much of a big deal, i just want the thing to work :/ its a shame these things happen to gamers, as well as YLOD and Red ring, i mean we pay so much money to have these systems.
dunk_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dunk_1000

-