PS3 Save game files on gamefaqs.com

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingwarez3 (8 posts) -

Hi i am new to the Ps3 and would like to know how to use the Save game files on gamefaqs.com

I want to use the Grand theft auto 4 ones and other ones but i can't them to work.

thank you robet.

#2 Posted by ianuilliam (4955 posts) -
Why? Do you not want to play the game? If not then why bother with it? If you do want to play the game, then why do you want to know how to load someone else's saves?
#3 Posted by meischris39 (5432 posts) -

Why? Do you not want to play the game? If not then why bother with it? If you do want to play the game, then why do you want to know how to load someone else's saves?ianuilliam

Why do people critisize people for using game saves. In my oppinion you've got games like GTA IV which would take a long time to reach 100% most of which spent hunting those stupid birds, isn't particularily fun and is just tedious. Then theres the other games which are just too hard or require too much grinding say trying to get the F1 2007 car in GT5P would take a hella long time. Which is why people should help people use the gamesaves.

Anyway if the save you download comes in a folder called PS3, simply copy and paste that to a memory stick go to the game section of the XMB and at the top of the list of all your gamesaves should be your usb device enter it and itll let you copy over any data that is there. You can also copy over your own gamesaves this way too.

#4 Posted by cosmicwave (1237 posts) -

create a folder called PS3 on your external hard drive or sd card

inside the folder PS3 create a folder called SAVEDATA

then save the gamesaves that you got from the internet on to the folder SAVEDATA

now plug in your ex. hard drive or sd card on to your ps3 and and turn the ps3 on

go to GAME on xmb and copy the gamesaves on to your ps3 harddrive

eh, hope that helps. if not then...i tried.

#6 Posted by anewperfectday (782 posts) -
I personally believe that it takes the fun out of the game if you load someone's elses saves.
#7 Posted by ianuilliam (4955 posts) -

I personally believe that it takes the fun out of the game if you load someone's elses saves.anewperfectday

Exatly. Just like cheat codes. Actually using someone else's saves is possibly even worse than using cheat codes as far as ruining a good game for yourself.

#8 Posted by Vaughnkiezel (365 posts) -
IMO let him have HIS WAY of fun...
#9 Posted by bluesora (160 posts) -

[QUOTE="anewperfectday"]I personally believe that it takes the fun out of the game if you load someone's elses saves.ianuilliam

Exatly. Just like cheat codes. Actually using someone else's saves is possibly even worse than using cheat codes as far as ruining a good game for yourself.

cheat codes are fun. depending on how u use them. after u beat a game. u wonder what goes on behind wherever. its fun 2 see. and its fun playing someone else other than sora in KH2

#10 Posted by De_Bears (1593 posts) -
Some of you guys are too purest. Cheating kills the experience but in some ways can save it. Fortunately I can not point to many examples where a game is better when you cheat, but there are games I get sick of playing and I just want to see the ending.
#11 Posted by yosman1 (2 posts) -
cosmicwave, I did what you are saying... and they don't show up under "load games" in the game.
Before anyone attacks me for not wanting to play the game, i'm using a friend's load games because my ps3 got formatted
#12 Posted by bob-teh-unicorn (1 posts) -
if i get a game save from online and put it on my ps3 is it illegall? and can i play online without being banned?