PS3 pinball games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I have seen some of these pinball games on PS3 and I am amazed on how it looks so real. What is the best PS3 pinball game around? I know of the pinball hall of fame: the williams collection and heard of zen pinball but I think that is a download only. I am not sure how many pinball games that come with zen. Are there other PS3 pinball games?

Any pinball fans out there who played some of these games? What pinball game do you think is the best?

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

I have seen some of these pinball games on PS3 and I am amazed on how it looks so real. What is the best PS3 pinball game around? I know of the pinball hall of fame: the williams collection and heard of zen pinball but I think that is a download only. I am not sure how many pinball games that come with zen. Are there other PS3 pinball games?

Any pinball fans out there who played some of these games? What pinball game do you think is the best?

BH14
There are 4 tables that come with Zen along with several others that can be had as DLC. Just last week Zen also released Marvel Pinball, which also includes 4 tables (Iron Man, Blade, Spider-Man and Wolverine) with more to follow as DLC as well. If you are into pinball you can't really go wrong with any of the choices but if you want to play representations of actual pinball machines go for the Pinball Collections.
mantovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mantovan
Member since 2004 • 86 Posts
Pinball Hall of Fame The Williams Collection,,,,,,,, best PS3 pimball game =DD
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i have only zen p. , but as a former real pinball table addict (the recent lack of any tables where i livemade me stop) i can say its the closest virtual pinball experience to a real table although virual tables probably never replace the real deal.

if they make a virual twilight zone and indiana jones pinballgame, 1:1 to the real ones + realistic physiscs maybe i reconsider my statement

Those are the best real tabels to play out there imo :

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Last night was the first time I ever downloaded a game from PSN because I never thought there were any good games. I downloaded Zen pinball demo and really liked it so I then immediately downloaded the full version. I enjoy this $9.99 game as much as my other expensive games. I figured that Williams collection was the "actual most realistic pinball tables" but I kinda prefer the "video game effects" of Zen and I like the option of the $2.49 add on games with Zen such as Earth Defense. I may still pick up Williams collection though. Too much video game effects can be bad though but Zen balanced it out nicely. Marvel pinball looks a little bit over the top though.

PS3 pinball games are like having a pinball table in my house with a $2.50 price tag. One thing that I like about pinball is that everyone knows how to play so everyone can pretty much enjoy it. No big learning curve compared to other games so it is nice party game.

dotzauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dotzauer
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I have zen pinball and while it's ok fun, the physics leave a lot to be desired -for anyone craving a really superb pinball experience, I strongly suggest you pick up 'williams hall of fame' - that is bar none the absolute best pinball game to be had on this console, and dollar for dollar it represents the best money I ever spent on a ps3 game (due to the price and countless hours of fun we've had with it) - all tables arefaithful recreations of real world pinball machines

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

I have zen pinball and while it's ok fun, the physics leave a lot to be desired -for anyone craving a really superb pinball experience, I strongly suggest you pick up 'williams hall of fame' - that is bar none the absolute best pinball game to be had on this console, and dollar for dollar it represents the best money I ever spent on a ps3 game (due to the price and countless hours of fun we've had with it) - all tables arefaithful recreations of real world pinball machines

dotzauer

Which tables does it have?

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#8 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Only have Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection but I enjoy it. Nice collection of tables and it's currently in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart, at least where I live, selling for $15.00 - not much more than Zen and Marvel Pinball.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"Marvel Pinball" is an excellent game... I would put all of the tables up against anything in the "Williams Collection" or "Bally Collection" (both of those discs worth hunting down, for-sure though, too). I have a LOT of vid-ball games, so I know what I'm talking about. I even have "Pinball of the Dead" on a GBA cart! Sick into vid-ball. You will like "Marvel"... the "Pinball Hall of Fame" collections are highly recommended too.

:D

skirvin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 skirvin87
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I loooove pinbal and I own Williams collection for both ps2 and ps3 as well as Zen pinball and Marvel Pinball. For authenticity Williams Collection is hands down where its at. Even after obtaining the EAZY trophies its still a blast to just sit down and go to town. As for the Zen and Marvel Tables, They both pretty much have the same feel as far as physics go. I personally think the ball is a little heavier than it should be. The thing that draws the line between Zen and Marvel is the way the scoreboards work. Marvel is hands down way better in that department but I think Zen has a more diverse selection of Tables to choose from. To summarize they are all good but if you like the ones that can be teaked by animations in such that you won't get from a real table go for the Marvel. Whatever you decide keep on flippin' my fellow pinheads...
djseebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 djseebee
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

never play on consoles, it's more enjoyment @ tables