Ps3 owners regarding PS VIta

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by marcheegsr (2984 posts) -

Do you guys think its worth buying a PS vita if you own a ps3 and have a ps4 preorderd already.

My buddy is selling his in mint conition for $120 4 gb memory card and 1 game.

Just wondering maybe if anyone here has one and if its worth the investment.

I have ps plus and always see vita games for free so thats a bonus.

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (30522 posts) -

For that price it's worth it, especially if you get Persona 4 Golden.

#3 Posted by piranha_inc (1994 posts) -
For that price it's really worth it
#4 Posted by SoNin360 (5634 posts) -
For that price, get it. Otherwise I would say it's quite expensive, especially with the absurd cost of memory cards. I only bought a Vita since I found a good sale back on Black Friday, honestly wasn't considering getting one prior. But, I haven't regretted my purchase. If you search enough, there's a decent chunk of good games out there for it. Also, you'll get your money's worth with PS+ immediately out of the Vita. Uncharted Golden Abyss is a great game that's on the free list now, and I've just started Gravity Rush and it's a pretty cool game too.
#5 Posted by TheTenth10 (3061 posts) -

Vita has limited interactivity with the PS3 but will have much more with the PS4 (though I don't understand how a console needing to be around a Wifi box can be called a handheld that you should move around anywhere ...)

#6 Posted by Ovirew (6497 posts) -

Well, it sounds like it's not a bad price for what he's offering, but you have to decide if the Vita is something you really want.

I had one for a year, just got rid of it because all of the games were either ports, short games, or games that are borderline app-style games.  I don't think that gives anyone incentive to buy a Vita when they can buy a console and a smartphone.

#7 Posted by cryfreedom66 (650 posts) -

Do you guys think its worth buying a PS vita if you own a ps3 and have a ps4 preorderd already.

My buddy is selling his in mint conition for $120 4 gb memory card and 1 game.

Just wondering maybe if anyone here has one and if its worth the investment.

I have ps plus and always see vita games for free so thats a bonus.

marcheegsr

only problem buying one now is if they end up releasing a revised version closer to ps4 launch, maybe with clickable sticks and r2 l2 triggers...if not though its a good deal.

#8 Posted by marcheegsr (2984 posts) -

ahh decisions decisions..

I might just get it. Im in need of a handheld gaming device. The 3ds isn't my style and I hate playing games on my iphone.

Money isn't the issue I just hope I will get good use out of it and I also hope it will pair well with the ps4.

#9 Posted by Ovirew (6497 posts) -

ahh decisions decisions..

I might just get it. Im in need of a handheld gaming device. The 3ds isn't my style and I hate playing games on my iphone.

Money isn't the issue I just hope I will get good use out of it and I also hope it will pair well with the ps4.

marcheegsr
Before you make a final decision, you should talk to some people in the Vita forum and see what they have to say about the system and its games.
#10 Posted by d_parker (1724 posts) -

Fair price but you'll need a larger memory card.

If you have the Plus, you should have enough "free" games to keep you busy for a while.

#11 Posted by Sokol4ever (6307 posts) -

Fair price but you'll need a larger memory card.

If you have the Plus, you should have enough "free" games to keep you busy for a while.

d_parker

I agree with d_parker, definitely consider if PS Vita is something you will use or have time to play with PS3 and PS4 around. It's a good price offer.