PS3 keeps freezing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tvfanatic91 (51 posts) -

I have a question on whether my PS3 is bad or if it is the game. I bought NHL 08 from gamestop on Saturday. It was a used game. So I played it when I got home and it plays fine. Then I went to play it online and it downloads the updated rosters so that I can have the current rosters for the games. Then after it is done it says my connection to th eEA server was disconnected so I connect again then play someone online. The gameplay is smooth and good. After the game I am taken back to the main menu and I will go back to the online lobbie and go to play another game. When I go to start a new online game my PS3 freezes.

When I say freeze I mean the picture freezes, the music stops, and when I go to click the reset button on the PS3 it doesn't reset it. I have to flip the power switch in the back of the system and click it again.

So my question is what is the problem, my PS3 or the game?

#2 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

The game... probably a poor server for that game.

It happened to me A LOT with Timeshift MP demo, but that's it.

#3 Posted by tvfanatic91 (51 posts) -
Ok thanks. So your probably 90-100% sure it's the gaem right? Jsut making sure before I go to return it.
#4 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -
That is a problem with the game, the console isn't causing this problem.
#5 Posted by tvfanatic91 (51 posts) -
Okay, thanks for both of your help. If I go and buy the game but a new one, not used, would it work or is the NHL 08 game itself the problem. Or is it just the used one I have right now?
#6 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

Okay, thanks for both of your help. If I go and buy the game but a new one, not used, would it work or is the NHL 08 game itself the problem. Or is it just the used one I have right now?tvfanatic91

The game as in "no matter if used or new"... so I wouldn't get it again.

#7 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -

Okay, thanks for both of your help. If I go and buy the game but a new one, not used, would it work or is the NHL 08 game itself the problem. Or is it just the used one I have right now?tvfanatic91

I don't a used or new disc will make a difference when it comes to Blu-Ray that PS3 games are released on, because the disc is very scratch resistant. If anything there could be oil residue from peoples hands that could cause a problem that all that is needed is just clean the disc surface. Also as stated earlier the server for the game could be having problems, that could be corrected in a few days or even in a few hours depending on what's happening with the server.

#8 Posted by tvfanatic91 (51 posts) -
Okay thanks!