ps3 graphics problem?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DingleLingLing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DingleLingLing
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Recentley my ps3 has been having problems with the graphics. I guess its called artifacts or something but when I try playing games that is in first person it will work fine for a little bit. like in Fallout 3 as soon as I get out of Vault 101 and move foward it looks like the pixels are stretching or goes black and all you can see is the HUD and there is sound, its the same with Bioshock. This also happend with Oblivion right as I escaped the sewers, and in Far Cry 2 right from the beginning everything looks stretched and I can not see. oh and there seem to be these green flashing orbs in Fallout 3 and green flashing stars in Bioshock before the graphics began to mess up. I also noticed that the stretching would go away or not be as severe when the camera was moved to a certain position.

I looked around the internet and it seems to be a overheating problem, is this the case? The longest I have ever left it on was I guess a lil bit over 9 hours while it was running a game.

Is there a simple fix for this or do I have to use my warranty, I will add that this console is a exchange since my last one wouldnt read disc's and I've only had this console for a couple weeks and the other for over a year before problems began. luckly I chose to get warranty for this one. If you need any more info about whats going on let me know

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
That's completely normal, I don't see any issue here. :| Just kidding! Seriously though... Is your PS3 in a place where it can get good airflow? Either your video card is done for, or it's overheating and causing the artifacts (at least that's what my PC tweaking days have taught me). Maybe someone else can shed some more light on the situation. Either way, if the PS3 is getting good airflow and there's not a 3" pile of dust on top of your PS3, I'd call Sony or the extended warranty company you're working with.
DingleLingLing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DingleLingLing

thanks, yeah I just moved it to higher ground it use to be on the floor standing on 1/2 inch thick peice of wood, I believe there is good air flow since I have it pretty isolated from other objects and its quite cool in that room. Well, if all else fails I'll just go and have it exchanged for a new one, again.

The only thing that bugs me is that this one only lasted a couple weeks and its the newer 80 gig while the one in the past was the older model of the 80 gig and lasted more than a year.

I also tried playing far cray 2 online and the graphics were jumping all over the place. sometimes it looked like there were giant walls seperating the map. Plus GTA 4 works perfectly fine, theres no problems with it. It just seems to be a issue for games in first person.

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
[QUOTE="DingleLingLing"]

thanks, yeah I just moved it to higher ground it use to be on the floor standing on 1/2 inch thick peice of wood, I believe there is good air flow since I have it pretty isolated from other objects and its quite cool in that room. Well, if all else fails I'll just go and have it exchanged for a new one, again.

The only thing that bugs me is that this one only lasted a couple weeks and its the newer 80 gig while the one in the past was the older model of the 80 gig and lasted more than a year.

I also tried playing far cray 2 online and the graphics were jumping all over the place. sometimes it looked like there were giant walls seperating the map. Plus GTA 4 works perfectly fine, theres no problems with it. It just seems to be a issue for games in first person.

Wow, that's really strange that it would be selective with specific titles like that. Well, see how it works in the new location for a bit, and if it still fails just exchange it. Sorry you've had bad luck with PS3's, it's really a rare thing to have happen. :(
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts
there's a possibility it's the HD TV or wiring, try the PS3 on another TV with new cables
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
there's a possibility it's the HD TV or wiring, try the PS3 on another TV with new cablesTheTenth10
No there isn't, that wouldn't stretch polygons as if his graphics card was overheating, and he sure as hell wouldn't be able to see the hud.
brummydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 brummydude
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
Maybe someones spiked your drink with acid. Na seriously looks like you gonna have to get it replaced
DingleLingLing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DingleLingLing
yup, i had it replaced today. thanks y'all for the help.