ps3 games you didnt like very much

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

what ps3 games did you not like very much weather they be popular or not and remember this is people opinions so if theres a game that you like on someones worst list respect there opinions please heres mine

little big planet

sure the graphics are really good but the gameplay i find boring and as for the level editing side i suck at level editing to begin with so yeah i was expecting a nice family friendly game to play when im bored but instead i was just bored by it

hyperdemension neptunia

the worst rpg on the ps3 period bad characters,bad gameplay horrable visuals,ear bleeding music this game does nothing right other than a unique premice but even that was horribly excercuted just stay the hell away from this one it isnt worth it even if your crazy for jrpgs

those are mine what are your most hated ps3 games?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Dark souls and Demon souls - Very popular games but just couldn't get into them.

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 klonoafanboy122

@marcheegsr said:

Dark souls and Demon souls - Very popular games but just couldn't get into them.

me neither but i didnt hate them enouth to put them on my list

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I've played many a PS3 game I didn't like. Either I just plain didn't like them or I just couldn't get into the game even though it wasn't a bad game. Most notably Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Demon's Souls, and Star Ocean. I just plain hated Star Ocean...

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 klonoafanboy122

@yokofox33 said:

I've played many a PS3 game I didn't like. Either I just plain didn't like them or I just couldn't get into the game even though it wasn't a bad game. Most notably Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Demon's Souls, and Star Ocean. I just plain hated Star Ocean...

u mean star ocean the last hope yeah that was a bad one not the worst jrpg ever mind but compared to the super famicon one and second story it sucked

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

First Unchartered. Assassin's Creed. The resistance games

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@klonoafanboy122 said:

@yokofox33 said:

u mean star ocean the last hope yeah that was a bad one not the worst jrpg ever mind but compared to the super famicon one and second story it sucked

It was better than the PS2 entry, though not by much.

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 klonoafanboy122

@Randolph said:

@klonoafanboy122 said:

@yokofox33 said:

It was better than the PS2 entry, though not by much.

id still buy last hope for ps3 mainly because of the visuals and the gameplay does have its fun momments and it beats ff13

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#9 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

MiB: Alien Crisis, Brink, Sonic Generations. Not a lot out of the 95+ games played.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII-2. Couldn't stand Noel and Serah. I plan on giving it another honest shot soon though.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Far Cry 2 was a calamitous collage of shite and annoyances.

FFXIII. Hallways. More hallways. All the hallways.

That Alien game (from 2010). Not offensively bad in any way, just not particularly good in any way.

hellangel_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 hellangel_boy
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

It was MOH 2010 to me, no competition.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#13 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

resonance of fate.. everything about the game apart from the combat was so meh.. the world was so drab and lifeless, the overworld had some crappy tetris like mini game.. i played for all of 5 hrs before i finally quit to never go back.

Another game which is absolutely hated were the FF13 series. Tried both ff13 and ff13-2.. boring characters with outrageous names, laughable story and really dry combat system (just did not like the system) played for 7 hrs and 9 hrs respectively.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I only think of the good experiences when I look back at my PS3 ;)

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Heavy Rain because of the clunky Six-axis sequences. Its developer should take a look at Alan Wake's controls (either PC or 360 version).

MGS4. I just can't get into it. Maybe it's like Bioshock where it took me several tries before it "clicked." But, right now, other games have priority.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Motorstorm Apocalypse and inFamous 2 weren't bad, i just didn't like them a lot

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts
@klonoafanboy122 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Yeah. I owned Demon's Souls and have Dark Souls on PC but can't really get into them either. Not my cup of tea I guess.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I don't hate it, but I was a bit disappointed with Killzone 2. I'm not sure why I got myself so hyped for a FPS from a franchise I really hadn't heard of before, but for some reason I got way more excited about it than I should have been. Granted, most people seemed to enjoy the game and its the highest rated Killzone game, but I found it clunky and was fairly disinterested in the story. The MP was okay, but I didn't spend much time with it. Definitely a game I shouldn't have purchased so quickly.

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 klonoafanboy122

@GiantAssPanda said:
@klonoafanboy122 said:

@marcheegsr said:

Yeah. I owned Demon's Souls and have Dark Souls on PC but can't really get into them either. Not my cup of tea I guess.

yeah but again there not bad games actualy in a technical stand point there really well made games it just didnt hold my interest

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

rainbow moon - it's a grindy JRPG-styled game. while that sort of aim isn't inherently bad, the developers here had no idea what they were doing. it requires so much grinding, but the battles seemingly take forever and they have no more (less even) to them than basic attack/magic/potion setups. even the dungeons are a grind as they all the look the same and have these ridiculous brute force teleportation puzzles. and, of course, you can lessen all the grinding by spending real money on microtransactions. maybe they knew what they were doing after all.

GTAIV - i don't know if i've seen a more childish or shallow attempt at satire before. practically every character is a one note cliche. rockstar seems to think these things are hilarious and bombards every mission with them. before you actually get to real mission goals, you have to endure these monstrosities. once you do, god forbid you fail a driving sequence or one of the horribly slow and clunky shootouts because you'll have to sit through the same crappy jokes all over again. you can't even ignore the missions to just goof around because large sections of the sandbox are locked off until you progress in the story.

star ocean iv - the characters and story are nauseating in english and japanese, but i could have dealt with that. the worlds themselves look boring (i get on FFXIII's story, but at least most of the locations look like places you want to explore). the combat is essentially button mashing. the side quests are so transparent as these basic "kill x monsters" and "fetch item x and bring it to y" formats with no decent rewards. the main dungeons are even worse because you can't make them stop. they go on forever and have checkpoints that are hours apart.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts
@hellangel_boy said:

This was one of the biggest disappointments for me last gen as well. It was the game that effectively made me realize I was sick of military shooters (especially modern combat ones) and I've pretty much avoided them ever since.

Aside from that, theres also the Battlefield 3, the Assassins Creed series, Heavy Rain, Eye of Judgement, Gran Turismo 5, and a number of other games also make my list...

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#23 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts
  • Sonic Unleashed - Day levels were badly designed and cheap while the werehog levels were nothing but mindless button mashing.
  • Twisted Metal - I have a written review that states everything I hated about that disappointment of a reboot, and to go into all the reasons I did not like that game would take too long.
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Bare bones (because Capcom likes to milk) and laughably unbalanced. Seriously the most broken fighter I have ever played.
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld - There's nothing horrible about the game or anything like that; it was just mediocre.
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Tacked-on multiplayer paired up with a (probably not coincidentally) bad single-player.
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Horrible campaign that I couldn't even finish and broken MP.
  • Dark Souls - I thought it was more cheap and badly designed than challenging. Plus the whole not being able to pause thing bugged me. This is probably the most overrated game I have ever played, in my personal opinion.
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By klonoafanboy122

@LoG-Sacrament said:

rainbow moon - it's a grindy JRPG-styled game. while that sort of aim isn't inherently bad, the developers here had no idea what they were doing. it requires so much grinding, but the battles seemingly take forever and they have no more (less even) to them than basic attack/magic/potion setups. even the dungeons are a grind as they all the look the same and have these ridiculous brute force teleportation puzzles. and, of course, you can lessen all the grinding by spending real money on microtransactions. maybe they knew what they were doing after all.

GTAIV - i don't know if i've seen a more childish or shallow attempt at satire before. practically every character is a one note cliche. rockstar seems to think these things are hilarious and bombards every mission with them. before you actually get to real mission goals, you have to endure these monstrosities. once you do, god forbid you fail a driving sequence or one of the horribly slow and clunky shootouts because you'll have to sit through the same crappy jokes all over again. you can't even ignore the missions to just goof around because large sections of the sandbox are locked off until you progress in the story.

star ocean iv - the characters and story are nauseating in english and japanese, but i could have dealt with that. the worlds themselves look boring (i get on FFXIII's story, but at least most of the locations look like places you want to explore). the combat is essentially button mashing. the side quests are so transparent as these basic "kill x monsters" and "fetch item x and bring it to y" formats with no decent rewards. the main dungeons are even worse because you can't make them stop. they go on forever and have checkpoints that are hours apart.

isnt rainbow moon that game in the style of like disgaea or something

hellangel_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hellangel_boy
@lensflare15 said:
@hellangel_boy said:

This was one of the biggest disappointments for me last gen as well. It was the game that effectively made me realize I was sick of military shooters (especially modern combat ones) and I've pretty much avoided them ever since.

To me it was one of the biggest disappointment of all time,and I usually don't get disappointed easily. I gave the game too many chances before giving up on it. It destroyed what was once one of my favorite franchises to me (MOH)

Anyway, I usually try to avoid EA games as much as I could now, the last game I consider decent from EA was the last SSX (It's not the greatest SSX, but, it wasn't broken or filled with cheap DLC's)

Last game I bought from EA was BF3, it wasn't a bad game IMO, but I thought it really had so many problems, and, of course, I mean on PS3, since we are talking about PS3 games here.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

I could not get into Bayonetta and Dead to Rights: Retribution. Both fun to an extend, but I stopped playing after a couple of hours, and they're not in my game collection anymore. I also did not like Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City much, but I laughed out loud a couple of times, so it's OK.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#27 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

@klonoafanboy122: it plays plays like a 2D jrpg with a top-down camera, an overworld, and all that. when you go into a battle screen, you move characters around on a grid but the grid doesn't add any strategy. it just creates extra steps to drag battles out more.

in disgaea, you move in formation so high defense characters can guard high attack characters. you also have miscellaneous options like piggybacks to save moves and all that. in rainbow moon, all that either isn't available or doesn't matter. it just means that instead of simply selecting an enemy to attack, you have to spend turns moving across a grid before you can attack them. with the huge number of battles you have to win before you can accomplish anything, this really crushes the pacing.

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

Assassins Creed is at the top of my list. Played through about half of the first one before I realized that I wasn't having any fun. The redundancy was a killer. Then when the AC4 got all these game of the year awards, I got sucked in and bought it. Exact same feeling for me as 1. I just have no fun doing anything in this game. Does anyone enjoy the chase missions?

hellangel_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hellangel_boy

@jakesnakeel:

I don't mind them, I always try to do them in the way of jumping over platforms to reach the guy from above. But I think I get where you are coming from, if you aren't used to the mechanics, you will keep running over the wall when you chase someone, lol.

klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 klonoafanboy122

@jakesnakeel said:

Assassins Creed is at the top of my list. Played through about half of the first one before I realized that I wasn't having any fun. The redundancy was a killer. Then when the AC4 got all these game of the year awards, I got sucked in and bought it. Exact same feeling for me as 1. I just have no fun doing anything in this game. Does anyone enjoy the chase missions?

yeah i wasnt a big over of assasin creed either

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 whiskeystrike
@jun_aka_pekto said:

Heavy Rain because of the clunky Six-axis sequences. Its developer should take a look at Alan Wake's controls (either PC or 360 version).

MGS4. I just can't get into it. Maybe it's like Bioshock where it took me several tries before it "clicked." But, right now, other games have priority.

Did you play the other MGS games in the series?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@whiskeystrike said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

I recall having an MGS compilation disc on the PS2. I played some of the games on the disc before I gave it (and other PS2 games) to my nephews.

I'll eventually give MGS4 another whirl. Even Bioshock took three tries before I started liking it.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 whiskeystrike

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@whiskeystrike said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:

I recall having an MGS compilation disc on the PS2. I played some of the games on the disc before I gave it (and other PS2 games) to my nephews.

I'll eventually give MGS4 another whirl. Even Bioshock took three tries before I started liking it.

MGS stories are told as if the players have full knowledge of everything that happened in previous games. I don't think it'll ever really click unless you go back and play MGS 1-3.