This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by luigismansion101 (732 posts) -

I have had a lot of problems with my ps3 freezing. The games were scratchless. They are CoD3, Enchanted Arms, Spiderman 3, and Rainbow Six Vegas (during online for that one). Are these games common to have freezing issues? Also, I bought them from Gamestop new, except CoD3, I bought it used. I'd hate to have to get a new ps3 considering how reliable they are, plus I don't want to lose my saved games for my 15+ games. Another problem I've had is when I turn on my ps3 the wireless internet gets knocked off and I have to reset it every time for it to work on my ps3 and pc at the same time, which gets annoying, not sure if that is the router or not, it is a Linksys Wireless Router. Thanks!!!!

#2 Posted by GIJesse77 (3034 posts) -
I'd suggest you call up Sony and have it replaced. Its free of charge and you receive a new one within a week. If you wasn to keep your saved games and demos and stuff, the PS3 has a backup utility which backs up all of your things to another storage device.
#3 Posted by _ChIcKeN_ (251 posts) -
I think all the PS3's have this kind of problem...My ps3 freezes 2 and this is my second ps3 cuz the first one froze a couple of times...so...ps3 sucks lol...no matter how many times you exchange it, you will get the same prob!
#4 Posted by nelson415 (1807 posts) -

I think all the PS3's have this kind of problem...My ps3 freezes 2 and this is my second ps3 cuz the first one froze a couple of times...so...ps3 sucks lol...no matter how many times you exchange it, you will get the same prob!_ChIcKeN_

not mine

#5 Posted by amourkiss (1751 posts) -

CoD3 is meant to be freeze from time to time

that game is the most bug-contented POS ever

for other games you have, I'm not sure

#6 Posted by Crazy87 (2900 posts) -
the wifi is prob your router the freezeing i do not know cause my ps3 has froze once and then never again has it froze
#7 Posted by _ChIcKeN_ (251 posts) -

[QUOTE="_ChIcKeN_"]I think all the PS3's have this kind of problem...My ps3 freezes 2 and this is my second ps3 cuz the first one froze a couple of times...so...ps3 sucks lol...no matter how many times you exchange it, you will get the same prob!nelson415

not mine

But it will....just a matter of time!
#8 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -
If things are freezing on on-line games chances are it is the router or your internet provider. This causes about 99% of the problems of on-line gaming if the speeds are not up to where they should then it will cause the problem of freezing. Sometimes there could be some settings that will need to be changed with the router that helps a lot.
#9 Posted by Knivez0r (1467 posts) -

Mine never froze. Never will either, cause it recognizes greatness.

#10 Posted by azimiballer (1107 posts) -
mines froze once...
#11 Posted by PinoyRoy (114 posts) -

hmm mine always freezes hella alot, maybe I should consider taking it outta the freezer hehe :P

but really I think it is a malfunction, sad to say

#12 Posted by xcsm (81 posts) -

mines froze once...azimiballer

damn, didn't you just get yours yesterday? that sucks

#13 Posted by Zenirith (157 posts) -
Mines frozen 3 times,
All on the Warhawk beta. Which is acceptable in Betas.
[Only before theWarhawk update]
#14 Posted by DrugMan47 (40 posts) -
ine freezes after playing for along time not very often but anyway if i keep turning it on it will freeze again
#15 Posted by sk8trboi_19 (1 posts) -
Hey whats up. I keep trying to play guitar hero 3 on ps3 but evertime I try my whole ps3 freezes on the screen that says something like " searching or loading HDD" and I don't know what the problem is. Can anyone help me?
#16 Posted by CheeChee_Macko (2236 posts) -
I just keep my PS3 in my little refrigerator that I have in my room while I am playing and that seems to solve all overheating concerns.
#17 Posted by coolin_PS3 (225 posts) -

Mine freezes about every other day now especially on the internet. It is kept pretty cool and according to the sauna-ps3 experiment this shouldn't affect it. Is it because of dust because i haven't got a hoover weak enough to clean the inside. help?

#18 Posted by him_101 (8 posts) -

I'd suggest you call up Sony and have it replaced. Its free of charge and you receive a new one within a week. If you wasn to keep your saved games and demos and stuff, the PS3 has a backup utility which backs up all of your things to another storage device.GIJesse77

you also gotta pay another 150 for the new one which is ridiculous meanwhile its sonys own fault