PS3 freezes, but works fine after file scan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mikemaj82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mikemaj82
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts

I have a launch PS3 with an upgraded 250GB hard drive. I've had it for 7 years now. Lately after about 5 minutes of playing a game it will become choppy, get slower and slower to the point where it just freezes and I can't use the controller to shut it off. I have to flip the switch off in the back and turn it back on where it will do a file scan because it wasn't shut down properly and restart. After this has been done, I can play any game for as long as I want for the rest of the day with no issues. Next day when I turn my PS3 on, it does the same thing all over again. What in the heck can be causing this? I already cleaned out all the dust from the system and HDD.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

I really don't know what is causing the problem, and am not sure it's something that can be fixed.

What you can do, though, is start your PS3 in Safe Mode and trying options 2 and 3. But I recommend you read the following guide first:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488/~/safe-mode-on-ps3

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

My PS3 Slim been slow and freezes too many times too much, I tried everything default it and what not. works fine sometimes then does it again.. I'm so mad and starting to hate Playstations now. pissed

.. Ok, I think I found the problem.. My PS3 slow and freezes that's b/c of I got a slow DSL internet.. when I logged off my PSN, the PS3 seems to running better, no slowing down what so ever... but my GTA5 still not wanna load the game, it's just doing spinning but not loading.