PS3 controller on a PC??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Yendis66266 (185 posts) -

I Pluged my PS3 controller into my computer via the mini-usb cable (DUH) and It regestered under my game controllers as PLAYSTATION(R) 3 controller. I went to test my buttons and nothing responded. I've pressed the PS button and the lights for the controller ports are all flashing. My Computer is a PC running Windows XP and I want to use my controller to run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. when it comes out. Help If you can.

#2 Posted by Jumpyjon (58 posts) -
r u positive that ps3 controllers work on pc
#3 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6382 posts) -

I Pluged my PS3 controller into my computer via the mini-usb cable (DUH) and It regestered under my game controllers as PLAYSTATION(R) 3 controller. I went to test my buttons and nothing responded. I've pressed the PS button and the lights for the controller ports are all flashing. My Computer is a PC running Windows XP and I want to use my controller to run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. when it comes out. Help If you can.

Yendis66266
You have to get a patch.
#4 Posted by Yendis66266 (185 posts) -

I don't know that is why I asked... I thought... But It registered in the computer, but the controller acts like its just chargeing

#5 Posted by Yendis66266 (185 posts) -
Yeah I guessed it would be a patch. Where can I get it?
#6 Posted by Erich01 (11 posts) -
here ya go

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&message.id=1123304
#7 Posted by yusuke18san (10 posts) -
I'm not sure about the patch but to my knowledge the ps3 controller won't work with any platform except ps3. Your computer will recognize it but no function whatsoever.
#8 Posted by ihatebugers (1541 posts) -
It's not a patch, it's a driver, much like how you eed drivers to run a printer or certain hard drives. It's code that the computer has absolutely no idea about, so it needs the driver to know what the input signals from the Sixaxis mean.
#9 Posted by AngelsFan32 (2179 posts) -
I just got mine to work. You have to download a patch.
#10 Posted by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -

I think you could use a 360 controller because the PC would recognize it right away. Is that true?

#11 Posted by ihatebugers (1541 posts) -

I think you could use a 360 controller because the PC would recognize it right away. Is that true?

Mordred19

That's what I hear, but I haven't tried it yet.