PS3 A/V Cable Problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Godak (792 posts) -

Ok, one day (yesterday)my PS3 A/V cable stopped giving me video. Both audio parts of the A/V cable worked fine. I bought a new cable...same thing. I'm getting audio, but no video. This has lead me to believe that it is the actual A/V port on the PS3 making the problems. This has me freaking out of my mind! If I'm wrong, and anyone has a solution to this problem, please, HELP ME!

P.S. I have yet to call Tech Support, as I have yet to find a TS number. If you have Sony's TS number, or a link to a TS website, that would also be much appreciated.

#2 Posted by meeks_jr (436 posts) -
Turn off the system and hold the power button down for 3 seconds, or until you hear a beep. That should reset your video settings.
#3 Posted by Da_IceCream_Man (208 posts) -
My A/V cable is acting weird too but i just mess with the cable and it goes back to normal:P
#4 Posted by jlabadie88 (1985 posts) -

Sony's number is 1-800-345-SONY

#5 Posted by ps3rulez19 (20 posts) -
yah wat he said just turn ur ps3 off then hold the power button for 10 secounds (if u have hdtv ur not suppose to use av cables!)
#6 Posted by Godak (792 posts) -

Thanks for the suggestions...but...nothing worked. I have come to believe that there is a problem with the A/V port itself. How would I go about fixing this...? Should invest in an HDMI cable?

#7 Posted by meeks_jr (436 posts) -
You should definitely invest in an HDMI cable, it makes a big difference.
#8 Posted by moshakirby (1502 posts) -
You should probably only invest in a HDMI cable if you have a HDTV.
#9 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -
If you have a HDTV the HDMI cable would be a great investment (just don't buy the high priced cables that a lot of retailers try to sell you). They can be found for around $30.00 to $40.00 instead of the $80.00 + that some retailers are selling. Also another thing to check just in case is if the AV cable isn't fully pluged into the AV port it could cause the same problem (I had that happen one time).
#10 Posted by PS3beterthan360 (23 posts) -
my av dont work wat can i do
#11 Posted by PS3beterthan360 (23 posts) -
i try reseting it nothing happen
#12 Posted by PS3beterthan360 (23 posts) -
help
#13 Posted by PS3beterthan360 (23 posts) -
can u help me
#14 Posted by PS3beterthan360 (23 posts) -
anyone plz help
#15 Posted by cleons_victory (1 posts) -
i am having the same problem plz help, heres da story i got a new HDTV nd put on my ps3 on it with my HDMI wire but its kinda laggy wen i play cod so i put it make on to my normal tv with the AV wire but it dosnt work anymore :( someone plz help
#16 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

Have you tried the A/V reset? with the PS3's power off hold down the power button until you hear a second beep and it resets it.Also you could resetting the system back to factory defaults in XMB system settings.

#17 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

If all fails call SCEA Sony Computer Entertainment of America. Just google it to find out their number.

#18 Posted by lawzy12 (4 posts) -
Hi i have not tryed it but it comes up on the screen but there is no sound.
#19 Posted by lawzy12 (4 posts) -
Everything works but know sound would sound come up if i try. ??
#20 Posted by lawzy12 (4 posts) -
IT WORKED :D !!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH :)