PS3 Audio adapter (use PC speakers/headphones with it)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

Anyone have a specific name for an adapter that lets you connect your PS3 audio RCA to 3.5mm TRS headphones?

So I think it is red/white female adepter to female 3.5mm TRS, so you plug your male RCA red/white into the adepter and also plug your male TRS into the adapter. because I wouldn't mind using my PC speakers and headphones on a PS3 with my PC screen (via HDMI to DVI adapter) while someone is using the TV

ATM there is THIS, will that work fine with what I want? either way, if anyone can pass me the name of an adapter like they one i am looking for, thatll be great

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Anyone have a specific name for an adapter that lets you connect your PS3 audio RCA to 3.5mm TRS headphones?

So I think it is red/white female adepter to female 3.5mm TRS, so you plug your male RCA red/white into the adepter and also plug your male TRS into the adapter. because I wouldn't mind using my PC speakers and headphones on a PS3 with my PC screen (via HDMI to DVI adapter) while someone is using the TV

ATM there is THIS, will that work fine with what I want? either way, if anyone can pass me the name of an adapter like they one i am looking for, thatll be great

Iamsmee

You can use that for PC speakers. But direct PS3 to earphones don't really work too well without an amplifier of some kind.

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Iamsmee

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

Denji

You can use that for PC speakers. But direct PS3 to earphones don't really work too well without an amplifier of some kind.

But what you need are two composite audio inputs (split) to one female headphone jack. There are a lot in my city in Dollar Stores for 99cents.

ty, will something like this one work?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

Iamsmee

But what you need are two composite audio inputs (split) to one female headphone jack. There are a lot in my city in Dollar Stores for 99cents.

Yes, that will work.

Or something similar to this. Those are the ones I use myself.

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Iamsmee

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Denji

Yes, that will work.

how'd that work? because from my understanding it has to do...

PS3-F}{M-PS3 composite/RCA cables-M}{F-adapter-F}{M-speakers/headphones

how do you do it with those cables you linked?

EDIT: im guessing these will work also,

http://www.amazon.com/3-5Mm-Stereo-Splitter-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0009JFF7A/ref=pd_cp_e_3

http://www.amazon.com/Console-Adapter-Convert-Plugs-Single/dp/B0006U3ACY/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

Iamsmee

Yes, that will work.

No, coming from the PS3 directly would be PS3 M}{F adaptor F}{M headphone jack to PC speaker.

If you want earphones. You'll need something to amp/buffer it. Your PC "line in" or a stereo of some kind would work well. In that, you wouldn't need your adaptor for it.

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iamsmee

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Yes, that will work.

Denji

No, coming from the PS3 directly would be PS3 M}{F adaptor F}{M headphone jack to PC speaker.

If you want earphones. You'll need something to amp/buffer it. Your PC "line in" or a stereo of some kind would work well. In that, you wouldn't need your adaptor for it.

still dont get it since you cant plug your RCA cables straight into your PS3, rather your PS3 RCA cables need to plug into something (TV). so where would your RCA male leads plug into on that adapter you linked?

BTW if you missed my last edit,

http://www.amazon.com/3-5Mm-Stereo-Splitter-Audio-Adapter/dp/B0009JFF7A/ref=pd_cp_e_3

http://www.amazon.com/Console-Adapter-Convert-Plugs-Single/dp/B0006U3ACY/ref=pd_cp_e_1

EDIT: oh yes, and line-in sounds interesting, could i grab a female RCA/male 35.mm from my PS3 to PC and then use speakers/headphones from my PC?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

Iamsmee

still dont get it since you cant plug your RCA cables straight into your PS3, rather your PS3 RCA cables need to plug into something (TV). so where would your RCA male leads plug into on that adapter you linked?

I guess I misunderstood your chart thingy or something. What I meant was the AV cables coming from the PS3.

Which of coarse, are male.

The first link in your edit would be perfect for this. Go for that one.

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Iamsmee

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Denji

I guess I misunderstood your chart thingy or something. What I meant was the AV cables coming from the PS3.

ty for all the help, might look up this 'line in' thing also

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

Iamsmee

No problem. It's pretty easy once you notice. It's all "connect the dots" really. Or how that song goes "the knee bone's connected to the leg bone".

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Iamsmee

[QUOTE="Iamsmee"]

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Denji

No problem. It's pretty easy once you notice. It's all "connect the dots" really. Or how that song goes "the knee bone's connected to the leg bone".

ya, i think in the end ill go for the 'line in' option, get an adapter that has red/white female RCA and male 3.5mm and just play it through my PC via headphones or speakers... means that i dont have to swap my speaker wires around also when i want to use my PS3 on my PC (since ill have two HDMI cables, one to my TV, other to DVI adapter on PC moniter)

im guessing i should be able to play the PS3 sound through my PC (line in) into the speakers/headphones via this