sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts

I've been getting this error a lot in the past few months. Basically the install of a downloaded game crashes at 14% during the install. I haven't been able to download large, free PS+ games because of it. I recently bought Ultra Street Fighter 4, and I've tried 5 times to download and install but it won't work. I've tried using different networks, I use an ethernet cable, and I've tried disabling the media servers. I always download it straight from the store, or sometimes from my transaction history list.I never let it dowmload in the background.

Odd thing is, I've been able to download Metro: Last Light and Payday 2, larger files, without a problem. Does anyone know how to fix it, or what the secret is? I've heard that downloading it late at night works because the servers are less busy; is that true?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I always had a problem like that, try checking how much space you have left on your hard drive. I noticed some games wouldn't install and would always get stuck at a certain percentage and I couldn't cancel or anything. So once I just deleted more stuff from my hard drive to see if that helped and it did. I noticed that it needed to have at least the same amount of free space as the game you're installing. For example I had an issue with Dragon's Dogma, which I believe was about 12GB. I tried installing when it had about 8GB of free space and it wouldn't but once I erased things and left about 13GB of free space it completed the installation. You might want to give that a try.

If you have more than enough space on your HDD, then I really have no clue what it could be. Maybe a faulty hard drive.