This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tjoeb123 (6843 posts) -
So I looked today to see if SOULCALIBUR IV data was installed, and it was. But what was most interesting was the fact that there was something called "PS2 System Data" located in the Game Data directory. I fired up DQ8 to see if my dream had come true, but it didn't. Any idea what it is, then? (Yes, this is on a Slim PS3 120GB)
#2 Posted by -Hoax- (5331 posts) -
You need a PS3 with BC. I'm not sure what it does but I remember being told you need it to play PS2 games online. I not 100% sure if that's true or not.
#3 Posted by JoKeR_421 (8920 posts) -
[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]So I looked today to see if SOULCALIBUR IV data was installed, and it was. But what was most interesting was the fact that there was something called "PS2 System Data" located in the Game Data directory. I fired up DQ8 to see if my dream had come true, but it didn't. Any idea what it is, then? (Yes, this is on a Slim PS3 120GB)

that ps2 system data, just allows u for those who have B.C ps3s, to be able to save and use ps2 data. its pointless unless u have a B.C ps3
#4 Posted by tjoeb123 (6843 posts) -
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="tjoeb123"]So I looked today to see if SOULCALIBUR IV data was installed, and it was. But what was most interesting was the fact that there was something called "PS2 System Data" located in the Game Data directory. I fired up DQ8 to see if my dream had come true, but it didn't. Any idea what it is, then? (Yes, this is on a Slim PS3 120GB)

that ps2 system data, just allows u for those who have B.C ps3s, to be able to save and use ps2 data. its pointless unless u have a B.C ps3

I understand that you'd need a BC PS3 (or hope that Sony unleashes a FW update), but what I wanna know is what the hell is the PS2 system data doing on my PS3 SLIM in the first place?
#5 Posted by JoKeR_421 (8920 posts) -
[QUOTE="tjoeb123"][QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="tjoeb123"]So I looked today to see if SOULCALIBUR IV data was installed, and it was. But what was most interesting was the fact that there was something called "PS2 System Data" located in the Game Data directory. I fired up DQ8 to see if my dream had come true, but it didn't. Any idea what it is, then? (Yes, this is on a Slim PS3 120GB)

I understand that you'd need a BC PS3 (or hope that Sony unleashes a FW update), but what I wanna know is what the hell is the PS2 system data doing on my PS3 SLIM in the first place?

its always been there, although u have to go to the STORE and download it, either u downloaded it before and didnt know or notice, or a friend or someone downloaded it on ur ps3, and like i said ps2 system data always was on the ps3. its not liek it magically appeared