This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
I bring this up because I was doing a search for PS2 classics (I hate how they changed the store, and made it harder to find what I'm looking for). However when I did a search I saw a free download to run PS2 software on a PS3... Does this mean San Andreas will now run on my PS3?
#2 Posted by gangstafc (228 posts) -
[QUOTE="jordonj"]I bring this up because I was doing a search for PS2 classics (I hate how they changed the store, and made it harder to find what I'm looking for). However when I did a search I saw a free download to run PS2 software on a PS3... Does this mean San Andreas will now run on my PS3?

what do you mean you saw a ps2 software
#3 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18360 posts) -
If you can download if off PSN then yes it'll work. If it's a PS2 game on disc then you need one of the original back ward compatibility PS3's.
#4 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
You're taking a risk DLing anything offline like that. It could very well be legit, but personally I'd rather not risk it. Not everyone that posts things like that online has altruistic intentions.
#5 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

I bring this up because I was doing a search for PS2 classics (I hate how they changed the store, and made it harder to find what I'm looking for). However when I did a search I saw a free download to run PS2 software on a PS3... Does this mean San Andreas will now run on my PS3?jordonj

Heya Jordan.

That program on the PSN store is for people with a BC fatty PS3, it won't work for more recent, non-BC slims and such. Unfortunately.

:(

PS2 Games which Sony sells on the store as DDLs will work, but your disc-based SA game won't play on your PS3 by using that software, if that's what you're asking. Hope this helps.

#6 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
That is what I was asking, and I doubted it would work but it was at least worth asking. By the way, this software is on the PSN not some third party firmware online. Ah well, back to Far Cry 3...
#7 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

That is what I was asking, and I doubted it would work but it was at least worth asking. By the way, this software is on the PSN not some third party firmware online. Ah well, back to Far Cry 3...jordonj

Oh you poor man, how you must be suffering... Be Strong.

:P

#8 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -

[QUOTE="jordonj"]That is what I was asking, and I doubted it would work but it was at least worth asking. By the way, this software is on the PSN not some third party firmware online. Ah well, back to Far Cry 3...MonkeySpot

Oh you poor man, how you must be suffering... Be Strong.

:P

Eet's a tough job, but someone's got to do eet.