PS Vita will have so many games this year.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by taciturnboy88 (9 posts) -

Here are a list of confirmed upcoming releases for PS Vita this year:

MARCH:

- Hatsune Miku Project Diva F

- Final Fantasy X - X2 Remastered

-Decption IV Blood Ties (24/03/2014)

- Destiny of Spirits

- Putty Squad

- MXGP Motorcross

APRIL:

- Ragnorak Odyssey Ace

- Lego The Movie

- Dynasty Warrior 8

- Conception II:Children of 7 Stars

- The Sly Trilogy

- Lego The Hobbit

- Demon Gaze

MAY:

- God of War HD Collection

- Blaz Blue: Chrono Phantasma

- Mind Zero

JUNE:

- XBLAZE Code: Embryo

- MotoGP 2014

- Borderlands 2

TBA:

- Atelier Ayesha Plus (Q3 2014)

- Danganronpa 2 : Goodbye Despair (Q3 2014 )

- Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (Q3 2014)

- PlayStation Vita Pets (Q4 2014)

- Soul Sacrifice Delta (TBA 2014)

- Freedom Wars (TBA 2014)

- Murasaki Baby (TBA 2014)

- Metrico (TBA 2014)

- Helldivers (TBA 2014)

- Phantasy Star Online 2 (TBA 2014)

- Gravity Rush 2 (TBA 2014)

- God Eater 2 (TBA 2014)

- Soul Saga Episode 1 (TBA 2014)

- Wonder Flick (TBA 2014)

#2 Edited by Lhomity (771 posts) -

Yep yep. Also Energy Hook, Fez, N++, Minecraft, Velocity 2X, Counterspy, Volume.

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed (Akiba's Trip 2 by another name), Monster Monpeice, Monster Hunter Frontier G, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, and other Japanese games are getting western releases this year.

#3 Posted by taciturnboy88 (9 posts) -

@Lhomity: wah thanks for the info, its good to know that the support for Vita is strong this year :-)

#4 Posted by yokofox33 (29544 posts) -

Indeed it will. Vita gets a lot of crap, but it quietly releases some pretty solid to awesome games all the time it seems. They just aren't these "megaton" titles that sell millions of copies is all. Definitely looking forward to a lot of those games on the list.

#5 Posted by marcheegsr (2585 posts) -

So many games. Unique games also. Not everyone will like them but everyone has there own taste. I just got into Persona 4 golden and it's keeping me glued to my oled screen.

#6 Edited by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

@taciturnboy88 said:

@Lhomity: wah thanks for the info, its good to know that the support for Vita is strong this year :-)

Thanks to you! :-)

There are really some titles I'm looking very forward to, even if I have them already on other platforms, like Sly Trilogy, God of War HD, and Phantasy Star 2... And also FF X/X2, Gravity Rush 2, and Soul Sacrifice Delta of course :-)

#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (29690 posts) -

Truth. I'm already starting to fall behind on collecting Vita games I want.

#8 Posted by SoNin360 (5450 posts) -

Not really anything there that interests me to be honest. There's Gravity Rush 2, though I don't feel that's coming out this year because I haven't heard much about it. Looks like I'll be sticking to what I have, which is mostly PS+ games I need to get to.

#9 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

it's going to be a good year

#10 Posted by jasonredemption (253 posts) -

I thought Borderlands 2 was coming to the Vita on March 25th.

#11 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -

I thought Borderlands 2 was coming to the Vita on March 25th.

GameStop has it listed for May 31.

#12 Posted by Coolyfett (5085 posts) -

Is the Vita strong enough to handle any of Rockstars last few classics?? Everything except GTA V seems like it could run on there. Vita also need its own Infamous, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain or Batman Arkham.

Coolyfett also thinks Sony should giving gamers something hot to replace the void of Monster Hunter.

#13 Posted by taciturnboy88 (9 posts) -

@Coolyfett: I agree...all the games I listed are from 3rd parties. Nothing this year from SONY so far except the God of War and Sly Thief remakes.
Danganronpa showed me that a cartoonish version of Heavy Rain is possible on Vita.

#14 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -

Is the Vita strong enough to handle any of Rockstars last few classics?? Everything except GTA V seems like it could run on there. Vita also need its own Infamous, Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain or Batman Arkham.

Coolyfett also thinks Sony should giving gamers something hot to replace the void of Monster Hunter.

Will have to make do with the existing Vita ports for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (a.k.a. QForce), Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, and the upcoming Monster Hunter Frontier G port.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons is also a solid replacement for Monster Hunter.

@taciturnboy88 - Freedom Warz, Gravity Rush 2, and PS Vita Pets are among the upcoming Sony first party titles. I would expect there to be something new announced at E3 and possibly TGS later this year.

Sony also had a hand in that Borderlands 2 port. It's just one of the first big titles off Sony's magical list. There will be more like it coming, I've no doubt.

#15 Posted by RiKanKiDD (1058 posts) -

Lego movie already came out for Vita

#16 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -

Lego movie already came out for Vita

In North America. Possibly some other places.

Neither the movie nor the game have released worldwide yet. For example, the Australian release date is April 3. Major film studios really need to get their act together. Netflix too.

Until they do:
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/02/why-the-lego-movie-is-piracy-bait-for-australians/

*facepalm*

#17 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -

@taciturnboy88: thanks for the info bro. Hopefully Sony supports Vita all the way through the PS4's life cycle

#18 Edited by Coolyfett (5085 posts) -

@Lhomity said:

Yea, do you predict it will have a large following will there be many sequels in your opinion? Coolyfett will read up on this title. Peace & Love

#19 Edited by Lhomity (771 posts) -

@Lhomity said:

Yea, do you predict it will have a large following will there be many sequels in your opinion? Coolyfett will read up on this title. Peace & Love

Toukiden was a pretty big deal in Japan long before it got a Western release, so a sequel is possible. There were stories going around last month about a 'Toukiden Kyoku - Toukiden Extreme' trademark, but nobody knows whether it's a sequel, an updated re-release, or a spin-off (such as a mobile version).

Example: http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/13/toukiden-trademark-hints-at-sequel-re-release/

#20 Posted by HowlingLotus (405 posts) -

I'm glad I picked up a Vita a month back as I've been enjoying it. I've barely touched my 3DS since, but the trophies help as I enjoy achievement hunting on PC.

The only problem with the Vita is if the game is on either PC and/or PS3 I am going to buy it there. It does seem to get a decent amount of exclusives though.

#21 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -

I'm glad I picked up a Vita a month back as I've been enjoying it. I've barely touched my 3DS since, but the trophies help as I enjoy achievement hunting on PC.

The only problem with the Vita is if the game is on either PC and/or PS3 I am going to buy it there. It does seem to get a decent amount of exclusives though.

Cross-buy does make a pretty big difference for me though. When it is available, at least. Being able to get PS3(and 4) and Vita versions for one price is a sweet deal. I'm hoping more and more games do this in future. Cross-save and cross-buy DLC are nice features too.

#22 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@Lhomity said:

@HowlingLotus said:

Cross-buy does make a pretty big difference for me though. When it is available, at least. Being able to get PS3(and 4) and Vita versions for one price is a sweet deal. I'm hoping more and more games do this in future. Cross-save and cross-buy DLC are nice features too.

I agree cross-buy is pretty sweet. I've got Hotline Miami, Lone Survivor, Guacamelee, Flower and Flow as cross-buy titles.

Although my Vita has just become my full time PS4 remote play device. Think the last time I actually played a Vita title was Tearaway a month ago.

#23 Posted by Warlord_Irochi (1269 posts) -

Yup, and it was predictable. It's PSP story all over again: A new generation comes, PSVita turns into the "low cost" production and distribution machine and a lot of games begin to appear.

Now is a good moment to get a Vita, Specially if you have a PS4

#24 Posted by SgtSutton (342 posts) -

Great list thanks! I just got my Vita and was looking for upcoming games. There's more than a few on this list that look exciting to me

#25 Posted by Coolyfett (5085 posts) -

@Lhomity said:

@Coolyfett said:

@Lhomity said:

Toukiden was a pretty big deal in Japan long before it got a Western release, so a sequel is possible. There were stories going around last month about a 'Toukiden Kyoku - Toukiden Extreme' trademark, but nobody knows whether it's a sequel, an updated re-release, or a spin-off (such as a mobile version).

Example: http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/13/toukiden-trademark-hints-at-sequel-re-release/

Good looking out. Coolyfett read a lil about it. What is your take on Soul Sacrifice & Soul Sacrifice Delta?

#26 Edited by tempura13 (463 posts) -

Hope they give a release date for SS Delta soon. Thankfully, Toukiden will keep me occupied (and ROA if it's out).

Also, what are the chances for Over My Dead Body 2 to get localized? It's a first-party game, but I'm still worried about it.

Great list thanks! I just got my Vita and was looking for upcoming games. There's more than a few on this list that look exciting to me

Tearaway, please :3

Please?