PS Vita Slim closes games and reactivates ALSV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I have a japan launch Vita. In the last few months the battery got crazy, displaying wrong values and now I can't charge it anymore.

"Well" I thought "Time to get a new one". And so I ordered the new slim version. I got the newest update and linked it with my PSN so I could reuse my old memory stick (64GB filled with many games :D). After the annoying rearrangement of all my (100+) games (why did I have to rearrange them all?), I found some new problems I never had with the old model:

I usually just play half an hour a day instead of going to lunch. But everytime I unlock my Vita, the game I am playing is closed, which is annoying as hell. How can I avoid my Vita to auto-close the games? The old model did not do that and I have not found any setting to avoid this behavior. I always lose progress because of this "new feature". Where can I deactivate this useless function?

Also this ALVS whatever function si annoying as well. The place I play is rather loud and I want to play louder than the lock allows. But I have to always deactivate this ALVS thing (in the settings) and find the "sweet" spot again (by now I know how much I have to increase the volume, but still, I'm a grown adult, let me destroy my ears how I want to). Any way to remove / deactivate this ALVS thing?

I can really live with the worse screen, I do like how there's this micro USB port instead of the crap one I damaged because I inserted it the wrong way, but this auto-close of games totally destroys the system for me. Do the last old Vitas also have this issue or would I be better off getting an old modell?

Thank you all very much

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I like ALVS personally, but yeah you can deactivate it in the setting menu..

The auto-closing thing has to be a bug... My vita doesn't do that, and that would effective kill the suspend-resume feature that is so awesome..

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I discovered that it only happens if I deactivated ALVS and the 20 hours passed. If I reactivate it after playing the game does not close. Any chance to stop it forever?

Oh also what is this suspend-resume feature?