This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Handin (409 posts) -

Recently I've been playing a lot of RPGs on my VIta and its kept me quite busy. Most recently I finished Ys which was amazing. I'm thinking of picking up Sorcery Saga. How is it? Whats your fav RPGs on the VIta? Mine are:

1. Ys: Memories of Celceta

2. Persona 4 Golden

3. Dragon's Crown

4. Valhalla Knights 3

5. Rainbow Moon

I enjoyed all those games, how does Sorcery Saga compare to these?

#2 Posted by tempura13 (406 posts) -

I haven't got Sorcery Saga myself, but it is a turn-based (and grid-based) RPG with rougelike elements where dungeons are randomly generated and you lose your levels when you die. I've read impressions that the game is not that hard compared to other games in the genre. Regardless, the cutesy artwork and silly theme sold me on this one. Even considering for the limited edition too, if I ever see one around.

As of late, Ragnarok Odyssey is eating up most of my playtime (just to prepare for the expansion coming next year). Soul Sacrifice is a great action RPG too.

#3 Posted by donalbane (16139 posts) -

Wish there were some western RPGs on there... I jumped into this thread with hopes that I'd missed a decent one. Sigh...

#4 Edited by Terrencec06 (3402 posts) -

Currently only RPG I've played is Soul Sacrifice and that more a action RPG. I own P4G but never got around to starting it.

#5 Posted by tempura13 (406 posts) -

Wish there were some western RPGs on there... I jumped into this thread with hopes that I'd missed a decent one. Sigh...

Yeah. Western support for portables is surely bleak. Meanwhile, folks in Japan gets all of the goodies. If it weren't for localization companies bringing a fraction of those games stateside, I doubt that the Vita would survive this long.

#6 Posted by donalbane (16139 posts) -

@donalbane said:

Yeah. Western support for portables is surely bleak. Meanwhile, folks in Japan gets all of the goodies. If it weren't for localization companies bringing a fraction of those games stateside, I doubt that the Vita would survive this long.

That's a good point.

#7 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Looking forward to playing Soul Sacrifice when it's released on PS+ on 24th Dec. Other than that the only RPG I'm planning on getting is Persona 4 Golden which has been recommended by every vita owner I know.

Would love a good WRPG like The Witcher on the system. Would be a day one buy for me.

#8 Edited by tempura13 (406 posts) -

Looking forward to playing Soul Sacrifice when it's released on PS+ on 24th Dec. Other than that the only RPG I'm planning on getting is Persona 4 Golden which has been recommended by every vita owner I know.

Would love a good WRPG like The Witcher on the system. Would be a day one buy for me.

You're in a unique treat for Soul Sacrifice. And yeah, more RPGs are always welcome.

#9 Edited by Gladestone1 (5484 posts) -

Hey guys im new to the ps4 an vita..Just picked up injustice..Also bought final fantasy tactics I had the psp an loved the game..Is there a unique web page for vita..Up an coming rpg games you guys use..Soul sacrifice seams interesting Tempura13...Ill have to check this one out..

#10 Edited by blueboxdoctor (2396 posts) -

I was going to ask how Ys is but it seems most people including those here really like it, I've never played one but it looks pretty cool. Sadly, there aren't many RPGs for the Vita, I'd love to have a Demon's Souls spin-off on the Vita or just a port would be cool. It is a shame we're getting some free-to-play Dragon's Dogma instead of a real one, that game's so awesome on consoles, would love to play that on the Vita.

#11 Edited by tempura13 (406 posts) -

Hey guys im new to the ps4 an vita..Just picked up injustice..Also bought final fantasy tactics I had the psp an loved the game..Is there a unique web page for vita..Up an coming rpg games you guys use..Soul sacrifice seams interesting Tempura13...Ill have to check this one out..

Yup, Soul Sacrifice is a Vita-exclusive you shouldn't miss. It's free on PS Plus (US) too. If you're looking for more Vita games, you can visit the recommendation thread for that. And since you mentioned FFT, check out more titles in the PSP's library.

I was going to ask how Ys is but it seems most people including those here really like it, I've never played one but it looks pretty cool. Sadly, there aren't many RPGs for the Vita, I'd love to have a Demon's Souls spin-off on the Vita or just a port would be cool. It is a shame we're getting some free-to-play Dragon's Dogma instead of a real one, that game's so awesome on consoles, would love to play that on the Vita.

Unless someone would actually take the risk, support for the system remains as it is (perhaps even less when the new consoles are out now). I mean, P4G sold impressive numbers despite of the Vita's low userbase.

At least, the system is getting more A-RPGs like SS Delta, Toukiden, God Eater 2, Phantasy Star Nova, etc...

...And I still need to get a copy of Sorcery Saga!

#12 Edited by Puckhog04 (22587 posts) -

I'm playing Ys currently as well. Amazing game. Was thinking about Valhalla Knights 3.