This topic is locked from further discussion.

GalacticCobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GalacticCobalt
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

Right now im kinda of debating on whether or not i should wait until next year for a PS4 (which is when i can get it for my b-day) or get a vita right now for black friday since i have no handhelds. So what should i get

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

If you're unsure on both right now, wait on both. The PS4 could have a plethora of hardware issues we don't know about yet and you might want to wait on a stronger line-up.

If you're asking between a Vita and PS4 (as opposed to a 3DS), I don't think the Vita was very high on your list anyways then.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

You have any reasons for getting a Vita? Like certain games you want or something?

I'm just asking because you probably don't wanna be like me. Where I got PSP, just for the sake of having one, and then I ended not even really using it. Bit of a waste money.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I depends on which one you really want. Personally i will wait before getting a PS4. There are so many games on PS3 i need to play, not to mention all the issues the PS4 will have.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Neither

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Yeah I would say wait as well unless you have some dough to blow. PS4 wont have any games at launch. Vita is a nice little indie machine if you don't game on a PC. Vita has a few big games though. If you're a plus member I would say a vita since they start you off with so many games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

As someone who owned a Vita for a good year or so, I would say hold off on that. I'm optimistic about the PS4, but since I haven't owned one yet for a day (let alone a year) I can't give you a good impression of how I feel about it.

Your best move is probably to wait a while. Gotta see what everyone has to say about these systems.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

There was a rumor of a Vita being bundled with a PS4 awhile back, I don't know what came of that. Anyway, only get a Vita if you know there are games on it you want to play, it's hit and miss amongst the people who have them.

And, if I knew I could get a PS4 for my birthday, I would definitely hold off on getting it.

GalacticCobalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GalacticCobalt
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

the thing is that ps4 will obviously be blowout like the ps2 to making it hard to come by in the first 3-5 months but i can wait and im pumped for this console, on the other hand vita is also my type of console since i have no other handheld and ill be able to use it during school and my commute to there.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 5

#10 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

If I had to choose I'd rather get a PS Vita now, and the PS4 (at the begin of) next year. The Vita is a great piece of hardware and there are about 650 games you can play on it, ranging from PSOne to PSMobile. It completes very well both PS3 and later PS4 thanks to cross-buy / cross-save and as AR or remote device, in particular when you are a PS+ subscriber. While it works largely like a tablet (where you can also use twitter, youtube, skype, make screenshots, and so on) it also seems that the present OLED display is slightly superior to that of the upcoming Vita "light". --The PS4 is great and I will get one asap but in the moment I'd consider the Vita more recommendable since there is a greater variety of games available.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#11 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@GalacticCobalt: I too use the Vita in the commuters every day, it is really great for this since you can pause the game at every moment (PS button) and switch the console off (stand-by) to continue later on. The only problem is that battery life is rather shot (3-4 hrs).

Avatar image for cynical_buzzard
Cynical_Buzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cynical_Buzzard
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Get the PS Vita and then wait a year or two to get a PS4.