This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RicanV (114 posts) -

I recently decided to purchase a PS Vita and would like some feedback on whether or not to buy the existing Vita or wait for the new model.

The advantages I see with the new Vita model are the internal memory and the new non proprietary cable.

The older Vita has the OLED display and is a sturdier build.

Anybody have any input on which one I should get?

Leaning towards the newer one right now.

#2 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

I'd suggest the older one mainly for the better screen (at least from what I've seen of the new one online the original screen is better). The internal storage of the new one is nice but isn't a lot, though it can be good for system updates and other non-game related data. However, the bundle for the new Vita with Borderlands 2 is really nice and as you said you are more interested in the newer one, in which case I'd say wait for it to come out with the bundle.

#3 Posted by dipdish (867 posts) -

I think I will also get a PS Vita. It's because of PS+ games. I started making a collection this month.

#4 Posted by RicanV (114 posts) -

Yea I have a ton of PS vita games that I've purchased for 0 dollars with no home to put them in .

#5 Posted by marcheegsr (2520 posts) -

I bought mine about a month ago. I could of waited for the new slim but I chose to buy the older version.

I heard the OLED is superior. I don't regret it at all. But im sure the vita slim is nice as well.

#6 Edited by yixingtpot (1383 posts) -

I have the original Vita, needs games... buying Deception Blood Ties for it. Honestly there's not going to be enough difference to matter to sane people. It will play games, so buy one and play games on it. I've got a lot more PS classics on my memory card than modern games. Soul Sacrifice is great, MGS collection, Persona games.

#7 Posted by dipdish (867 posts) -

@marcheegsr: Outside, especially under the sun OLED makes a difference.

#9 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25594 posts) -

The new model has better start/select and face buttons and an hour longer battery life. I'd go for that.

#10 Edited by dcno07 (2575 posts) -

The minor difference in the screens is not enough to outweigh the extra battery life... What will you need more in a handheld MOBILE device? More vibrant colors or your battery not dying? Also I have read a lot about the OLED getting burn-in and the notorious uneven LED backlighting.

#11 Posted by Randolph (10470 posts) -

@RicanV said:

Yea I have a ton of PS vita games that I've purchased for 0 dollars with no home to put them in .

*nods* Me as well. All you have to do is put free games for the IGC of Plus on your download list and they stay there, even after they are out of the rotation. One of these days. One of these days...