PS Vita Multiplayer-Cross Region?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ziedrichs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ziedrichs
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi All, I own Vita only about 1 week and only have single player games. Im considering to buy multiplayer game however im thinking abou which game region should i get. I live in Asia country, but as you know US PSN Store seems more appealing than the Asia one and because Vita can only have one psn account (without restore the vita system), i want to create US PSN account however because i live in Asia most of the store sell region 3 more compared to region 1. Is PS Vita Cross Region for adhoc or online multiplayer? For example game like Fifa 13, UMVC 3. Can those games be played for two vitas with different region (region 1 and region 3)? Or there are specific game that can cross but some are not? How about the game with online pass? Does it only connect player with same region? thanks!
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I know that online play works without any hitches, but I'm totally not sure about Ad-Hoc. I tried to do a little digging around, but I couldn't seem to find any info. I know that the PSP couldn't play Ad-Hoc with different regions, so it's probably safe to assume that the Vita can't. I'd contact Sony about this. Don't outright say you're trying to make a US account (they might say they can't help you, since it's probably against their ToS), but kind of say something like, "My friend from the US is coming and I'm wondering if I can play this game with him?"
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

I think I'll be on subject... lol

I want to change from PL account to US or UK too...
We don't have any movies and much less in the game library...

It really pisses me off...
Can't play lots of games I would... If I had any chance to buy it...

But I don't know about the games I already Own...
Can I switch them to the new account ?

Or can i switch the region of my current acc. somehow?

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Granpire
No, and no. As far as I know, this a very big problem with PSN, and Sony still hasn't done anything to solve it. You'll have to bite the bullet and ditch your old games, or deal with the lack of selection in your PS Store.
ziedrichs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ziedrichs
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"]I know that online play works without any hitches, but I'm totally not sure about Ad-Hoc. I tried to do a little digging around, but I couldn't seem to find any info. I know that the PSP couldn't play Ad-Hoc with different regions, so it's probably safe to assume that the Vita can't. I'd contact Sony about this. Don't outright say you're trying to make a US account (they might say they can't help you, since it's probably against their ToS), but kind of say something like, "My friend from the US is coming and I'm wondering if I can play this game with him?"

[QUOTE="Granpire"]No, and no. As far as I know, this a very big problem with PSN, and Sony still hasn't done anything to solve it. You'll have to bite the bullet and ditch your old games, or deal with the lack of selection in your PS Store.

So with online play we can do cross region multiplayer? In asia region i also dont make my country psn because my country doesnt have psn card and sony have problem with credit card such as not valid credit card eventhough before can buy games and the same information stored hasnt changed. So I create Hong kong account which is the center of asia region. Isnt asia and Us region different selection only game like psp and ps one? How about ps3 and ps vita game?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Granpire

I don't have the faintest clue about selection, since I'm not from there. Sorry.

Online play is fine between regions. I've played LittleBigPlanet with Gamespot user danish-death, who is from Denmark, and it worked absolutely great.

So, to be clear: I know that online play works, but I'm not sure about Ad-Hoc, and I'm thinking probably not. Like I said, call up Sony.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Matthew-first

No, and no. As far as I know, this a very big problem with PSN, and Sony still hasn't done anything to solve it. You'll have to bite the bullet and ditch your old games, or deal with the lack of selection in your PS Store.Granpire

That quite sucks... coz I just bought them...
A few PSP titles and a few PS vita titles...

Maybe I should get another 16gig memory... and make a new account on there?

Would that work?
Having 2 accounts? :P

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Granpire

Would that work?

Matthew-first
Yes, that's possible, but you have to restore to factory defaults every time you switch accounts, so you'll lose all your settings and WiFi networks. It's a pain, but at least it's an option.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

hmmm i should save money for this but I will save this coming November

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Granpire

hmmm i should save money for this but I will save this coming November

DeviIHuman
I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion...
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Matthew-first

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

Would that work?

Granpire

Yes, that's possible, but you have to restore to factory defaults every time you switch accounts, so you'll lose all your settings and WiFi networks. It's a pain, but at least it's an option.

Hmm, I will consider it.... the pain. :P

Maybe I'll buy the 4gig one to check out, how the things work. :)
I think we just should be able to change the profiles as well as we are, on the ps3's... but maybe that's just me.

Well, I'm moving soon to another country. And I think I will just need to make one.

Thanks and regards. :)

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Granpire
Everyone thinks so, man. But that would make game-sharing far too easy, and Sony would never allow it.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

Everyone thinks so, man. But that would make game-sharing far too easy, and Sony would never allow it.Granpire

I see, worth to buy for a cross buy games