PS Vita hopes and dreams

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Firosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Firosen
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

Where do you all want to see the Vita head in the future? Would you like to see a wider fanbase for the hardware and more big AAA titles, or would the trend of the Vita being expanded for more niche titles be more appealing?

The idea of seeing more traditionally niche titles is great, IMHO - seeing more JRPGs, odd-ball indie titles, and games that introduce new mechanics through the hardware has been fun, and even the odd remake here and there is a welcome sight. I'd love to see some more JRPGs in the vein of Final Fantasy or a new Tales or Star Ocean game, maybe bringing back that golden age of RPGs. A solid AAA title would be cool, if for nothing else but to help build the fanbase. Mega Man Legends 3 on the Vita is probably my biggest fantasy (strong emphasis on fantasy) and would probably have an amazing run on the Vita along side a 3DS version to boost software sales, but The Mighty No. 9 looks like it's going to be a good entry in the PSN market place. I'm probably most looking forward to Gravity Rush 2 at this point though.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

Well, I don't care much about AAA titles on PS Vita. Innovative indie games and "niche titles" are vital.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

I agree with the niche titles been the key.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

As much am I'm slowly appreciating more of its current library, I would really like to see more "big" games for it.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing remakes and HD versions of older games I never played, and ports of console games. I only have a Wii, so being able to play some of the big console titles is nice!

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dipdish

@ttualumni13 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing remakes and HD versions of older games I never played, and ports of console games. I only have a Wii, so being able to play some of the big console titles is nice!

You really need a PS3, then.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@dipdish: nah, my vita is fine. That's not ALL I want to play, but the occasional option is nice, which is exactly what I've been getting on vita so far.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Just keep releasing games I guess. Im really happy with the games they have right now but obviously more is always better.

I would love to have a Gran turismo for my vita, more fps games on par with killzone mercenary, and more jrpgs, and rpgs.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dipdish

@marcheegsr said:

more jrpgs, and rpgs.

This.

Firosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Firosen
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

@dipdish said:

@marcheegsr said:

more jrpgs, and rpgs.

This.

That always seems like the general consensus when my friends are talking about the Vita. And this is old, but it makes me hopeful.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I want a new Uncharted and a couple other AAA Playstation brand titles like Infamous. That said, third party AAA is equally as important, and it's completely lacking.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@Telekill: agreed.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

They need to get those AAA games going or vita is gonna have a shorter life span than the psp. Don't get me wrong I like the vita but the dev support is just not there.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dipdish

@Ballroompirate said:

They need to get those AAA games going or vita is gonna have a shorter life span than the psp. Don't get me wrong I like the vita but the dev support is just not there.

Borderlands 2, comin' for you.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i just want some unique games. Games like FFX are a perfect fit for the Vita. I don't want ports, i want something that works on the platform very well and isn't half assed

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I'm playing Kagero Deception IV Blood Ties a lot and looking forward to see if they release Freedom Wars in the west. I'd love to see Capcom release RE anything exclusive or otherwise for Vita but I doubt that will happen. I still need to catch up on the Persona titles released for Vita and various other Japanese RPGs. I'm not sure how The 3rd Birthday/Parasite Eve did in sales but I'd take another new game on Vita.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@dipdish: I actually refuse to buy anything made by Gearbox since they fraked up ACM and DNF.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@Ballroompirate: on gearbox' defence i have to point out that both of these games weren't native gearbox games, so far i have played only two (borderlands series) and both were extremely fun, and both of their scripts are hilarious... :)