PS Plus titles for July (EU)

#1 Posted by Lhomity (758 posts) -

PS4

  • Towerfall Ascension
  • Strider

PS3

  • Dead Space 3
  • Vessel

PS Vita

  • LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
  • Doki Doki Universe

Decent lineup this month. I bought Strider on PS3, but haven't finished it, so now I have another reason to, on PS4. I'm most excited for Doki Doki Universe. Have been wanting to play it for a while, and had just not got around to buying it. So I'm happy.

Click here for full details.

Tip: SCEE have added a feedback feature for PS Plus (See the link above). You can give feedback on last month's PS Plus titles.

#2 Edited by SolidTy (41427 posts) -

I was confused at first, but after researching it I can explain the difference for July between EU and US. The US gets the same games save for one change. Sony swapped out Lego Batman 2 on Vita for Muramasa Rebirth on Vita.

Just passing on information for those that care. :)

#3 Posted by SoNin360 (5196 posts) -

So at this point there's only going to be 2 games out at a time on the Instant Games Collection per system, right? I guess I'm okay with that, but it kind of sucks for newcomers.

#4 Edited by marcheegsr (2424 posts) -

I actually enjoyed Dead space 3 despite it being different from 1 and 2.

#5 Posted by ristactionjakso (5624 posts) -

Cool, I've been wanting to play Strider.

#6 Posted by kitty (114270 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I was confused at first, but after researching it I can explain the difference for July between EU and US. The US gets the same games save for one change. Sony swapped out Lego Batman 2 on Vita for Muramasa Rebirth on Vita.

Just passing on information for those that care. :)

I'm really surprised at sony/psn plus for once. :P Never thought I'd see both getting pretty much the same games. Been wanting to get my hands on Muramasa on the Vita. I bet it will look nice on it.

#7 Edited by SolidTy (41427 posts) -

@SoNin360 said:

So at this point there's only going to be 2 games out at a time on the Instant Games Collection per system, right? I guess I'm okay with that, but it kind of sucks for newcomers.

You didn't specify, but you are talking about PS3, correct? It was working for the competition recently (Xbox's newer GwG PS+ clone) only offering two games a month instead of more, so Sony lowered the game count for PS3 it seems and less games for new comers on PS3, but more games overall if you own a PS4 and a Vita. Still, on a pure PS3 PS+ basis, it does kind of suck.

#8 Posted by SolidTy (41427 posts) -
@kitty said:

@SolidTy said:

I was confused at first, but after researching it I can explain the difference for July between EU and US. The US gets the same games save for one change. Sony swapped out Lego Batman 2 on Vita for Muramasa Rebirth on Vita.

Just passing on information for those that care. :)

I'm really surprised at sony/psn plus for once. :P Never thought I'd see both getting pretty much the same games. Been wanting to get my hands on Muramasa on the Vita. I bet it will look nice on it.

Yeah, I have it on Wii and I wanted to try the Vita version with the added characters and content so this will be fab.

#9 Posted by Lhomity (758 posts) -

@SolidTy: 72 games per year under this new system. 65 under previous system.

#10 Edited by SolidTy (41427 posts) -

@Lhomity said:

@SolidTy: 72 games per year under this new system. 65 under previous system.

I was talking about PS3 PS+ users. Overall there are more PS+ games (if you own all three PS systems perhaps), but less games for PS+ PS3 gamers per month, where the service started. It's because I was quoting the other user who also noticed the same issue for PS3, in that PS3 offerings have lowered to only two per month. I haven't done a count for Vita, but what's picking up the slack is PS4 gamers getting two games a month now instead of 1.

He didn't specify PS3 but I knew what he meant as I've had this conversation with others before and noticed the PS3 PS+ offerings went down to match the 360 GwG (lousy two). I own all the machines and I'm happy for more PS4 Ps+ offerings, but I'm sad about less PS+ PS3 offerings. Competition isn't always so good.

#11 Posted by HitmanActual (310 posts) -

Two games a month for PS4 would be great if they offered games I actually give a fuck about. PS+ has sucked ass for months now, and I don't expect it to improve in a hurry.

#12 Posted by dalger21 (1012 posts) -

Looking forward to Strider as I downloaded the demo for PS4. All the other games are inconsequential to me.

#13 Edited by david61983 (141 posts) -

I'm happy with Dead Space 3, but I really wish it was Dead Space 2. I never got around to playing that.

#14 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

Not as good as the last month's lineup. But it's still cool.

#15 Edited by SoNin360 (5196 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@SoNin360 said:

So at this point there's only going to be 2 games out at a time on the Instant Games Collection per system, right? I guess I'm okay with that, but it kind of sucks for newcomers.

You didn't specify, but you are talking about PS3, correct? It was working for the competition recently (Xbox's newer GwG PS+ clone) only offering two games a month instead of more, so Sony lowered the game count for PS3 it seems and less games for new comers on PS3, but more games overall if you own a PS4 and a Vita. Still, on a pure PS3 PS+ basis, it does kind of suck.

I guess I meant 2 per system, but yeah, PS3 is taking a pretty hard hit in terms of PS+ content, at least for new users. The Vita is also worse off for newcomers, seeing as Uncharted and Gravity Rush were available to new PS+ users for years. For long time PS+ users none of this is really a big deal, and at least we know when the next batch of games will replace the current ones.

#16 Posted by porkchopxp (1125 posts) -

Two games a month for PS4 would be great if they offered games I actually give a fuck about. PS+ has sucked ass for months now, and I don't expect it to improve in a hurry.

Opinions. While it does suck for those looking to play AAA experiences they haven't gotten to on PS3 I think Sony will bring at least one heavy hitter per month to the PS3 under the new system(something they haven't always done). As for their PS4 offering, give them a break, the system is eight months old and supply is way behind demand when it comes to games. I do agree that those who only own one of the Sony platforms suffer under the new format but they had fair warning that Sony was going to have to spread the wealth. I own all three so I'm fine with things but I'm not sure what % I fall under.

#17 Edited by DigiTM64 (67 posts) -

And this shows that you should never purchase any indie games on the PS4, since it's highly likely they will become free with PS+ in due time. And I'm sure next year Sony will provide games like Black Flag, Killzone, Infamous, and The Last Of Us for free on PS4.