PS+ connection and free game lists

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hunting_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hunting_Bear
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
regarding the new PS+ instant games collection, I've got a couple queries before I try it; it says you must be an ongoing paid up member for the free games to work (which i assume means they do an account check everytime you try to load a game) but what happens if you lose internet connection while playing the said free game? does it boot you out? I ask this as my wireless fluctuates occasionally and that would be a massive ass pain if it did. secondly, how long do the free games lists last on PS+ as in, currently batman arkham city is fresh to the free games list but how long will it be there?
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Just tested it by playing Batman by rebooting the wireless - I lose connection to PSN but the game carried on fine.

The way it tests to see if you still have an active sub is via the information on the game (Triangle button on the game) it has a expires date which is the same date you PS+ sub runs out.

Not sure of the dates for America but in the UK we lose Batman to sub to on the 2nd of Jan.

Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Saladin__7
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
The free games do not require an internet connection once you download them. The free full game trials expire one hour after you first select the game from the menu screen.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Just to clarify I am talking about the free games (Batman, Bioshock ect) you get to play as long as you'r sub is active. The ones that change every month.

Person above is talking about the free 1 hour demos on many games.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

The way it tests to see if you still have an active sub is via the information on the game (Triangle button on the game) it has a expires date which is the same date you PS+ sub runs out.

Not sure of the dates for America but in the UK we lose Batman to sub to on the 2nd of Jan.

muffin200

The game's "expiration" date is completely dependent on when an invividual's Playstation Plus membership expires. Renew your membership and the additional days will be adding to the game's expiration date the next time you launch it which connected online.

Also, any game added to your Purchase History while a Plus member will be removed when your membership expires. However, if you rejoin at a later date all those games will reappear and be available for download once again free of charge.