This topic is locked from further discussion.

trudefisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 trudefisk
Member since 2004 • 496 Posts
I've got a sony Projector whitch i use with my Laptop. The projector is connected to my stereo speakers:) soo thats great, but i need someone to help me find the right cables to my ps3 so i'll be able to connect it to both the stereo and the projector here is my projector specs:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sony-VPL-EX3.htm

sorry i cant link(please help me with it^^)

the cables i used to the connection between my laptop and the stereo speakers were the same sort as you us with headphones and such things ( i hope u know what i mean) its connected in the headphoneinput on the laptop... and as far i know ps3 doesnt have that input... any ideas how i coulkd connect?

"The VPL-EX3 also accepts a wide variety of video input signals from standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD), for added versatility" - does this mean that i will be able too see hd quality with it!?!?!O____O
it is from this website:  http://www.superwarehouse.com/Sony_VPL-EX3_Multimedia_Projector/VPL-EX3/p/1486957

So if someone could bare witrh the long read and the horrible spelling i would be very happy:D many thanks !:D
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Component cables will work just fine.
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
I'm not sure about projectors nowadays but I know that gaming on them has historically been a problem because it can "burn" images on the lens. You should check with the manufacturer of the manual to see it will work fine with gaming.
trudefisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trudefisk
Component cables will work just fine.Radiozo
OK thanks:) "The VPL-EX3 also accepts a wide variety of video input signals from standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD), for added versatility" - what do they mean with this? and the sound? is there a hedphone input?
trudefisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trudefisk
I'm not sure about projectors nowadays but I know that gaming on them has historically been a problem because it can "burn" images on the lens. You should check with the manufacturer of the manual to see it will work fine with gaming.ihatebugers
ok! i didnt know that:O thanks for telling me! so iy would be written in the manual?
or maybe i should just phone sony..
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts

[QUOTE="Radiozo"]Component cables will work just fine.trudefisk
OK thanks:) "The VPL-EX3 also accepts a wide variety of video input signals from standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD), for added versatility" - what do they mean with this? and the sound? is there a hedphone input?

It means it can take in HD signals.  Yeah the other guy is right.  You want component cables and you will get a HD picture from the ps3.  These are the green, blue, red video cables.  For sound does your projector have the red and white inputs?  Should be labeled "R" and "L".  If not go to radio shack or target and buy an adaptor that looks like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-1-8-Mini-Plug-to-2-RCA-Jacks-Y-Adapter-Cable-6_W0QQitemZ170081208964QQihZ007QQcategoryZ32833QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and plug it into the "headphone" like plug you use for your laptop.

Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Radiozo
Sound? Why would you wanna send sound to the projector. The speaker is probably crap anyways :D
Its a LCD projector build for office use so you shouldnt have any problems with burn-in as its built for handeling static images.
arm9218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arm9218
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts
are HD projectors good with the PS3?
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TOSgamer10
I'm not sure about projectors nowadays but I know that gaming on them has historically been a problem because it can "burn" images on the lens. You should check with the manufacturer of the manual to see it will work fine with gaming.ihatebugers
  This guy is talking about old CRT projection tvs.  Your projector is a LCD unit.  Its fine.  No burn in.
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Radiozo
are HD projectors good with the PS3?arm9218

Depends on the projector but its the cheapest way to get a really big image. Im getting a 1080p projector next year. 100" will be nice :)
trudefisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 trudefisk
Sound? Why would you wanna send sound to the projector. The speaker is probably crap anyways :D
Its a LCD projector build for office use so you shouldnt have any problems with burn-in as its built for handeling static images.
Radiozo
Are u sure? Well trhank you!:D u're getting my hope up!:D
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
ehh.. no. where the ** did you get that from?
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TOSgamer10
are HD projectors good with the PS3?arm9218
Yes as long as you can control the lighting in your room modern projectors are beautiful in HD.  As good as a HDTV IMO.  However 1080p projectors still run about $3k and up.  But very nice 720p projectors can be had for as little as $900 now.
trudefisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 trudefisk
Thanks for all great anwsers!:D No burn in yeees!!:D i will be playing my ps3 on in in march:D
trudefisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 trudefisk
OOOOHH! BTW! does the component cables ome with the ps3?( is it the ones that u got for uour ps2 too?)
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Radiozo
[QUOTE="arm9218"]are HD projectors good with the PS3?TOSgamer10
Yes as long as you can control the lighting in your room modern projectors are beautiful in HD. As good as a HDTV IMO. However 1080p projectors still run about $3k and up. But very nice 720p projectors can be had for as little as $900 now.

You are lucky to get them that cheap in the US. The cheapest 1080p LCD projector over here in Sweden costs about 5000$ :)
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Radiozo
OOOOHH! BTW! does the component cables ome with the ps3?( is it the ones that u got for uour ps2 too?)
trudefisk

I believe the ps2 cable should work for the ps3 also.
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
[QUOTE="ihatebugers"]I'm not sure about projectors nowadays but I know that gaming on them has historically been a problem because it can "burn" images on the lens. You should check with the manufacturer of the manual to see it will work fine with gaming.TOSgamer10
This guy is talking about old CRT projection tvs. Your projector is a LCD unit. Its fine. No burn in.

I'm stuck in the stone age. Hell, I play on a TV I found in my alley, and before that it was a TV older than me.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danneswegman
[QUOTE="TOSgamer10"][QUOTE="ihatebugers"]I'm not sure about projectors nowadays but I know that gaming on them has historically been a problem because it can "burn" images on the lens. You should check with the manufacturer of the manual to see it will work fine with gaming.ihatebugers
This guy is talking about old CRT projection tvs. Your projector is a LCD unit. Its fine. No burn in.

I'm stuck in the stone age. Hell, I play on a TV I found in my alley, and before that it was a TV older than me.

lots of people have misunderstandings about modern HD projectors. They are truelly great. Sharp image, supports all kinds of resolutions, good colour (okay, your room has to be dark, but i prefer that). You have to use good cables (like on a HD TV) and support the big image with big sounnd (good 5.1 surround set).this is an image of Gears of War (PS3 not out yet in europe, so sorry mods) on a 100 inch screen with a HD projector in 720P:  i stand in front of the screen (the locust on the right). No jaggies and no pixelated textures (okay it's gears, but more games will look this good coming months). I would not trade the projector (panasonic 900) for a plasma in the world. Maybe one day for a 1080P projector, but most games will be in 720P the coming years.
jasponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 jasponge
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts
Uhhh...where's that receipt to the plasma I just bought?  I need to get me an hd projector instead.
hiko13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hiko13
Member since 2003 • 62 Posts
I just got my Epson EMP-TW1000 last week for my HT room and Resistance, Gears, you name it it's all pretty sweet. Can't wait to break out VF5 on it this weekend.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danneswegman
I just got my Epson EMP-TW1000 last week for my HT room and Resistance, Gears, you name it it's all pretty sweet. Can't wait to break out VF5 on it this weekend.hiko13
don't forget to play R6Vegas onn it... GREAT! Lost Planet too. But VF5 should be incredible too.