Prey 2 - your thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

My first impression was "WOW" when I saw a preview of this game. I didn't play the first "Prey", but the sequel looks quite impressive. I'm thinking this will be worth picking up.So, for those of you who are fans of the series or have played the first one: what are your thoughts about "Prey 2"?

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#2 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

As soon as I heard about it being a sci-fi open world game I was intrigued. And the stage demo at E3 confirmed that the previews and trailers didn't exaggerate the information regarding that open world. As of now, it is one of my most anticipated games for 2012, can't wait!

adam1808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 adam1808
Member since 2009 • 264 Posts

a great trailer and sci-fi take does not a good FPS make. Prey 2 is just a fantastic piece of marketing material, just like Dead Island. I'll reserve judgement until I see solid, lengthy gameplay which is what a good, cynical gamer should base his/her/its assumptions on. I've watched too many previews and trailers for dreadful games to be taken in anymore

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1838 Posts

IDK it doesn't look that interesting. I'm not a big fan of chase-me games. That demo feature one of the longest chase-me moments i've ever seen in a video game.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#5 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

a great trailer and sci-fi take does not a good FPS make. Prey 2 is just a fantastic piece of marketing material, just like Dead Island. I'll reserve judgement until I see solid, lengthy gameplay which is what a good, cynical gamer should base his/her/its assumptions on. I've watched too many previews and trailers for dreadful games to be taken in anymore

adam1808

The demo showed a lengthy piece of gameplay...

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I wasn't that interested in it until I saw the trailer and heard it would be open world. I didn't like the first one at all, but it sounds like they're going a different direction with this one.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I wasn't that interested in it until I saw the trailer and heard it would be open world. I didn't like the first one at all, but it sounds like they're going a different direction with this one.

J-Man725

The trailer pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm not saying it's going to be a bonafide hit I'm just saying I'm definitely going to follow it, check out all the previews, updates, reviews when it's released. It has a lot of promise.