(Poll) What I should buy on PS4, and why? : BF4, or Ghosts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Supertoast_GT (58 posts) 9 months, 24 days ago

Poll: (Poll) What I should buy on PS4, and why? : BF4, or Ghosts? (36 votes)

Battlefield 4! 56%
Call of Duty Ghosts! 19%
Screw both! Get something else! 25%

First off, I'll post my DEFINITE gameplan for the PS4 launch. I pre-ordered the system, and Assassin's Creed 4 a long time ago. I also plan to pick up Killzone Shadow Fall when I pick up the system. I'll have a wee bit over $70 spendable after that.

So now the question at hand. Battlefield 4, or Call of Duty Ghosts for that last slot? This is intended for multiplayer of course. I have been jumping back and forth in my head about what one to grab. Pros, and cons for both, like CoD's formula possibly getting stale, BF3's helicopter controls that I can never get used to, CoD's fast paced 60fps twitch shooting, or BF's crazy chaotic 64 player destruction. Iv'e been playing CoD MW3, and BF3 alot lately to try and make a choice, but both are sweet in their own ways. I can't decide, so I'm going to see what all of you think I should grab. Let the dice decide.

#1 Posted by Supertoast_GT (58 posts) -

Also note that I am voting for BF4 just so I can see the results. XD

#2 Edited by CTR360 (6941 posts) -

BF4

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69746 posts) -

Battlefield 4 without a doubt

#4 Posted by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -

I prefer the fast paced, non-stop action CoD has to offer. I'm getting both though.

#5 Posted by Videodogg (12551 posts) -

I am not ashamed to say i enjoy COD games. They are fast and fun. Battlefield games overwhelm me. I can have fun, but half the game is shut off to me because i have never been able to fly a helicopter or jet. Also, i think i get better "kill" satisfaction from COD. Shooting people in Battlefield games always felt like it has less of a impact.

#6 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8125 posts) -

Getting both on ps3 and payin 10 bucks to upgrade

#7 Posted by ghstbstr (8789 posts) -

It depends on the type of shooter game that you like. If you like to control vehicles than get Battlefield 4, if not don't then get Call of Duty Ghosts.

#8 Posted by --MAV3R1CK-- (9346 posts) -

I've tried to get into Battlefield starting with Battlefield Bad Company, btu for some reason, even though it's as realistic as it looks and feels, I just couldn't get any longevity for it. Call of Duty on the other hand has always been the go-to game for me, aside from Sports games.

Basically, just choose the one that you think fits your playstyle best. Or get both.

#9 Edited by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

I am getting both. I would say my preferred game is COD. I am not a hardcore gamer so COD is easier for me to get used to. It's all based on your preference though

#10 Posted by hellangel_boy (179 posts) -

As you said, both sweet in their own ways, but lets me put it like this;

COD: pros: -COD strong formula that has kept it for years -Minor new additions as it seems. Cons - It doesn't seem like a next gen game -Formula got really tired now.

BF: Pros: - Huge maps -More tactical gameplay -Good vehicle gameplay -the addition of 64 which is the best thing. Cons- Controls are clunky -Recoil is over-done -Lots of weapons that don't seem to offer much variety -Some bothersome bugs.

If I have to choose between the two, I would go with BF4 though, because BF has always been known for great 64 player matches, and with the next-gen capability we can finally have that on consoles. This the main advantage for me for BF4. Also because in BF3, maps were so big with little to do in them, unless you ride a vehicle, which made running through the map kinda boring. COD on the other hand isn't a real new next-gen game, it's the same game on this gen and next-gen, unless the 720p-1080p difference means a lot to you.

#11 Posted by Shelster61 (10 posts) -

Battlefield 4 definitely a good choice

#12 Posted by sagejonathan (868 posts) -

Get something else like Killzone or AC4. Military shooters are incredibly overrated. But if you have to get one of those two, then definitely go with Battlefield.

#13 Posted by blamix99 (1621 posts) -

both are cool.. but i really wanna play killzoneSF

#14 Posted by xeon71 (207 posts) -

I voted for Battlefield but I honestly am having the same problem. I cannot choose between the two games. I know that my friends will buy Call of Duty Ghosts but I feel like Battlefield is probably the better experience in the end with big levels and usable vehicles. So far I pre-ordered both of them. I may just end up keeping both of them. Though I will have a lot of shooters at launch as I will have Killzone, Battlefield, and Call of Duty.

#15 Posted by sagejonathan (868 posts) -

@xeon71 said:

I voted for Battlefield but I honestly am having the same problem. I cannot choose between the two games. I know that my friends will buy Call of Duty Ghosts but I feel like Battlefield is probably the better experience in the end with big levels and usable vehicles. So far I pre-ordered both of them. I may just end up keeping both of them. Though I will have a lot of shooters at launch as I will have Killzone, Battlefield, and Call of Duty.

Don't follow your friends. That's the problem. COD is a scam, and you know it's not worth your money to buy it, so don't support them. If you want Battlefield, buy that and spark the slow change, so your friends will start playing battlefield.

#16 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

look at this bf4 ps4 multiplayer footage, I never had a BF game but this guys videos made me realize I'm soooo ready to throw cod in the trash. This actually looks like a real battle.

make sure you watch it in 1080p.