POLL: Games developed for movies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mdbanat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mdbanat
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts

I cannot find any game that is about a movie that really worth playing (that is my opinion only): Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter ...etc. I think developing games for movies is a very bad idea like making movies about games. So what do you think?

tonydannie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 tonydannie
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
I don't know about this. All the game based movies released so far have been kinda crappy. But I am hoping they get it right come Metal Gear Movie or The Castlevania movie.(I am actually affraid about the castlevania movie,Same guy that did resident evil movie)
gamewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gamewhat
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts
I think it's a bad move to make games out of movies and vice versa. I remember playing resident evil one on the ps, and the feeling I got from that game is not even matched by the movie. The movie was alright, but the magic from that game was gone when I watched the movie. As for the cost of licensing a movie into a game and all the other cost that goes into making a movie into a game..... too expensive for my taste.
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts
Dont blame the game or the movie, blame the developers. Goldeneye 007 was a movie port and it was the best game on N64.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
Some.