please explain to me how PSplus works with free games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chriscoolguy (356 posts) -

So if it expires I lose the games? if I renew lets say a week later do they all come back? the games change every month, do I keep all the games I dl'd as long as I don't let it expire? thanks in advance...

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (30400 posts) -

Yes you keep all the games as long as your subscription is paid.

#3 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72234 posts) -

@chriscoolguy said:

So if it expires I lose the games? if I renew lets say a week later do they all come back? the games change every month, do I keep all the games I dl'd as long as I don't let it expire? thanks in advance...

Just press that you have purchased them, and you keep them as long as you have a sub to the ps+ service.

#4 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

A good tip is to just purchase the free games from the Sony website and confirm the order of your free games then they'll be added to your download list to download on you PS3/Vita whenever you want.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

A quick question for any PS+ PS4 users. I'm getting a PS4 next week so I'm gonna pop Outlast in my downloads list now. Can I still download it on my PS4 next week when it is taken off the instant game collection as I would with PS3 games?

#5 Edited by chriscoolguy (356 posts) -

Man that's a good question I do not know.

#6 Edited by MondasM (1263 posts) -

as far as i know, you can do that, since it is a privilege gained by the subscription, you can add it to your cart and check out, then download anytime you want as much as you want... :)

#7 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@MondasM: Excellent. Can't wait for some remote play Outlast on my Vita.

#8 Posted by aroxx_ab (9996 posts) -

No1 answered the TC question "... if I renew lets say a week later do they all come back?" , i wonder this myself...

#9 Posted by MarcRecon (5829 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

No1 answered the TC question "... if I renew lets say a week later do they all come back?" , i wonder this myself...

lol....you are correct....nobody answered the question!!! But the answer is yes, the games will forever be linked to your account as long as you have PLUS. It doesn't matter if it's a week or years that you don't subscribe, you just can't access them until you renew

#10 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@MarcRecon: LoL I never noticed that no one answered that question.

Yes you can as I've done it in the past and had access to my content after I renewed.

#11 Posted by MarcRecon (5829 posts) -

@withe1982 said:

@MondasM: Excellent. Can't wait for some remote play Outlast on my Vita.

Yeah dude, you DON'T want to let Outlast slip away!!

#12 Posted by aroxx_ab (9996 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

@aroxx_ab said:

lol....you are correct....nobody answered the question!!! But the answer is yes, the games will forever be linked to your account as long as you have PLUS. It doesn't matter if it's a week or years that you don't subscribe, you just can't access them until you renew

Thank you man

#13 Posted by Draven_Sword (9 posts) -

Playstation Plus is something you can purchase for you Playstation. It's basically an upgrade. To be able to play online on the PS3 you do not need Playstation Plus, however, if you wish to interact online on your PS4 you need a Playstation Plus account. (Excluding games like Elder Scrolls Online, and a few others that charge monthly to play). With Playstation Plus, you are given free and discounted games monthly. Most of the times the deals are great, and if you're undecided on whether or not to get a game, wait a little bit and it may come out free or discounted. The thing is!!! If you "purchase" a game while it's free on the Playstation Store and you do not continue to update your subscription the game will be removed from your playstation, or you will no longer be allowed access to it. Once you renew your PS+ you should once again obtain access. If you download a game free, it's free. You have it 'till you delete it. (as long as your subscription is up to date!) I hope this answered some questions. I noticed that a large portion of the previous comments on this forum didn't answer you question(s) :P

#14 Posted by MarcRecon (5829 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@MarcRecon said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Thank you man

No problem bro, I'm just glad I could help!!!

#15 Edited by clr84651 (5485 posts) -

Sony verifies your sub often while you're online. If you aren't sub'd then they don't work & if you are then they work.

#16 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

@aroxx_ab said:

Thanks for answering! I was wondering the same thing since I got my PS4 last week.