mehrdad19872010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mehrdad19872010  Online
Member since 2010 • 210 Posts

Hey guys. I have a question. Lately I've been thinking about buying a PSVita because I wanted a handheld gaming device to use during my commute to work. How I reached the decision to buying a Vita over 3DS is a topic for another discussion. What I wanted to know is that which memory card size should I buy? 8 GB, 16 GB or higher? I plan to play mostly downloadable titles on the Vita like Hotline Miami, Spelunly, and such so I don't know how much memory card space I need. What do you guys think?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I have a 32GB card, prefer physical content and have maxed my card with PS1, PSP, and PSV Plus games.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

@mehrdad19872010 said:

Hey guys. I have a question. Lately I've been thinking about buying a PSVita because I wanted a handheld gaming device to use during my commute to work. How I reached the decision to buying a Vita over 3DS is a topic for another discussion. What I wanted to know is that which memory card size should I buy? 8 GB, 16 GB or higher? I plan to play mostly downloadable titles on the Vita like Hotline Miami, Spelunly, and such so I don't know how much memory card space I need. What do you guys think?

At least 16. If you can afford 32. It depends on the games you want to play. Mostly indies? Then, you won't need the most expensive memory card.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

I think 16gb is fine. If you're mostly just playing physical games, then even 8gb is okay. But get the 16gb anyway and enjoy the PS Plus titles every month.

If you're going for 32gb, you might as well spend a little more and import the 64gb from Japan. But both of those are overkill, imo. Unless you're somebody who wants to store a lot of music and video on it.

A lot of indie games on Vita are fairly small downloads. PS1 games are also very small and easy to download when you want them.

Don't forget to take a look at the games + memory card packs. They're pretty nice value. The Indie pack, the LEGO games pack, etc.

Such as this: (May not be available in your region)

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

I have a 16, but want a 32. But they are discontinued and no longer available at retail, and since I'm a manager at best buy I refuse to pay more than what I would have with my employee discount, and prices aren't that cheap even on ebay.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Grab a 16GB if you can. An 8GB card gets filled up really quick playing downloadable games.

Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

I think you could probably fit around 10-15 indie games on an 8GB card. If you don't mind the inconvenience you can always store games on your PS3 or computer and swap them in and out.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

If you are downloading PS Plus games and don't want to delete and reinstall a ton of stuff, get a 32GB. I have a 64GB with all the free PS Plus games and a handful that I've purchased and I can't fit it all on that.

Avatar image for mehrdad19872010
mehrdad19872010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mehrdad19872010  Online
Member since 2010 • 210 Posts

Thanks to all of you. Based on what you guys said and what I have in mind to play, I think I'll get the 16 GB memory card. Thanks again for all your help guys.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I got a great deal. an 8GB came with mine long ago, then picked up a 16GB and 8GB later on. I prefer physical and use the memory cards for all the sweet PS+ games.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Get a 32GB minimum. Nothing worse than having to keep deleting and re-downloading games all the time.

If you have PS+ it will fill up in no time.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Borderlands 2 takes up about 5.5 GB, and PSP games tend to be under 1.5GB. So, you can use that info as a basic scale.

The Borderlands 2 PSV2000 bundle comes with a 8GB card. And you can use the Vita to back up the game to a PC, PS3, or PS4. Only way to back up save files by themselves is thru PSN+, otherwise you have to backup the whole game. There is no option to only backup the save files to the PC,PS3 or PS4. And 7 GB of backup takes about 25 minutes, mainly due to the USB 2.0 transfer rate limit.

PSV2000 also has 1GB of internal storage, but you can't access that storage if a memory card is installed. But 1GB is big enough for a PSP, game. Just would have to turn off the PSV (not standby mode, but a full power down), remove the memory card then restart the PSV to access it.

I don't know if the original PSV has internal storage or not... Original does have the better screen, though. But you won't know that if you never seen the original, and you probably won't notice the difference until they are side by side. The PSV2000 screen is good, just not as good. But Borderlands 2 bundle is a pretty good deal @ 200 bucks.

BTW: Vita can't remote play just about any thing from the PS3, only the PS4.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#13 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I used to recommend 8 at least but now say 16.

jooish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jooish
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

if you dont intend to play digital retail vita games 16g games like limbo, hotline Miami, and so on dont take much space

if you intend to buy digital versions of retail games 32g

and if you plan to buy and play digital retail games, ps1/psp classics then get the 64g imported (i did and i still have to manage my hdd space tho)