playstation plus free games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kounterfeit (82 posts) -

im thinking of picking up playstation plus but have a question. i was thinking of buying a couple of games that i see are free this month mainly nfl blitz. now my question for that is...will i still be able to play all the free games i download in the future eventhough they are no longer listed as free games as long as i am still a plus member.

#2 Posted by MondasM (1223 posts) -
as far as i know you cannot access the free games after your subscription is up...
#3 Posted by dalger21 (1046 posts) -
As long as you keep your PS+ membership current you can play any game you downloaded for free until the end of time.
#4 Posted by mav_destroyer (3060 posts) -
I think you can only play them free as long as you're subscribed.
#5 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

As long as you're subscribed you keep all of the games you have downloaded until your subscription runs out. You can still play NFL Blitz next month and the month after and so on if you are still a PS+ member. If you decide to cancel your subscription for a period of time and then renew it in the future you gain access to all the games from your past subscription back, since they are in your download history.

#6 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9497 posts) -
You can still download them even after they are not free anymore, just go to your download history. As long as you are a member, eveythin that was or is free while you were or are a member is still free too you at anytime you wish to redownload them. You could be a member from October 2012 -October 2013 and rejoin in January 2014, and the stuff you had back in 2012 are still there for you.
#7 Posted by kounterfeit (82 posts) -

thanks to everyone looks like ill be picking that up. seems like it could pay for itself real quick. especially when the vita stuff gets included

#8 Posted by d_parker (1715 posts) -

As long as you keep your PS+ membership current you can play any game you downloaded for free until the end of time. dalger21

End of time? Did Sony agree to that anywhere?

I think it'll be pretty interesting to see what happens when the PS4 finally gets released.

When I first bought my PS3 you could download on up to 5 systems and it didn't take long for that to change.

#9 Posted by dalger21 (1046 posts) -
Of course Sony could change their minds in regards to that but for now, as long as you keep your PS+ membership, the games you download for free are available for an indefinite amount of time.
#10 Posted by mav_destroyer (3060 posts) -

[QUOTE="dalger21"]As long as you keep your PS+ membership current you can play any game you downloaded for free until the end of time. d_parker

End of time? Did Sony agree to that anywhere?

I think it'll be pretty interesting to see what happens when the PS4 finally gets released.

When I first bought my PS3 you could download on up to 5 systems and it didn't take long for that to change.

probably because people misused the service to share games with players who didn't buy the game.
#11 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
will i still be able to play all the free games i download in the future even though they are no longer listed as free games as long as i am still a plus member.kounterfeit
As long as you have DLed them and they appear in your DL history, you can always go back and DLed those games again for free and as long as you're a Plus member. Also, a protip: If you want to DLed a game but you don't have enough space but you don't want to delete anything right now, you can still start the DLed process for the game you want and then quickly cancel it. This way it will show up in your history as DLed, and when you're ready you can go back and DLed it again.